WHX??

1277??

WHX??
38 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

steering wheel is correct.

Could be Randy pics just don't show it well.

30 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

decals on the wrong sides

Never thought of that Bob but if they are the guy at the factory was havin bad day that day as this girl is supposed to be orginal. You were close on the model. Bigger question is why no 1077 on the decal when the 877 and 1277 has them?

photo0[1].jpg

Edited by WHX14
  • Like 4

ACman

DD22538C-5913-4AAB-B277-DE59A9DA767A.jpeg.8234267f4ca40f444ea836bbd1a507fb.jpeg

88303416-E744-4682-B796-A21EB136EB9B.jpeg.8020fead40d88a0b3f6bfc0dcbf1d499.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, Sarge said:

Definitely not a '67

Sorry Sarge you get crow for dinner... thanks for those AC Dude... I did some research here but like Jason said things were lost to photobucket

• Like 2

wheelhorseman

So I didn’t see this post right away so tell me do I need to update your phone number to WHX15 yet??? :D

• Haha 4

Retired Wrencher
20 hours ago, WHX14 said:

Kinda like a no name ?? The decals look an awful lot like a 877 but I think the 877 decal has numbers? Gotta be a pre '68 due to the S/G but possibly a early '68 using up leftover 67 motors or a repo?

Find out when I call the guy and ask him what the dash tag says but still a fun guessing game! The mower is another guessing game as should the belt covers be rounded at the ends not square on these years? Yes one would think a RD would be better.

Well we all know how bad your addiction is Dells! :ychain::rolleyes:

Jim if you clean up those moons they probably  can fetch $75.0 a lone. And that seat if good shape is worth around $100 if cleaned up and no tears on it. This will off set some of the cost. just my :twocents-02cents: Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

Racinbob
14 hours ago, WHX14 said:

Never thought of that Bob but if they are the guy at the factory was havin bad day that day as this girl is supposed to be orginal. You were close on the model. Bigger question is why no 1077 on the decal when the 877 and 1277 has them?

That nails it as a 1077. The hood decals do look original so I think you're right on a bad day at the factory......or a guy was messing around to see if anybody would notice. Looking closely at the brochure it doesn't look like any of them had the decal on the hood stand. Maybe some got them and some didn't. :dunno:

WHX??
2 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

update your phone number to WHX15 yet???

Not just yet Lowell these clowns say I gotta skip the odd numbers and head right to 16 .... Somethin about bad luck to have an odd number! :D

2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

had the decal on the hood stand.

What decal was that Bob? Like the Raiders have below the gas tank?

2 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

moons they probably  can fetch $75.0 a lone

That's what I was thinking Gary... or look good on a trailer queen, ...and then the seat would have to come off and preserved if it remains a worker. Going to try and sneak over to look at it in the next day or so. Since I know the seller and partied with him at tractor shows he said he would hold it for me.

I gave both AC man and Dan a sneak preview on the dash tag and they where both searching here for a model T10... didn't quite see the faint 77 :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sarge

There had to be changes made to the belt cover for use of a floor board on the right side. Between that, and the wrong steering wheel and decals it pointed more to a '68. The pics on this tablet are horrible at best, didn't even see the parking brake handle.

If it gets bought,  good luck restoring it and finding that big 2-spoke steering wheel in good condition...ugh.

Sarge

WHX??

I doubt I would restore it Sarge, way too many irons in the fire now. Sides the MN boys got me brainwashed in keeping original if possible. :)Maybe just  a clean up &  sanding and clear coat like Dells and others did to recent horses. I have had some luck in finding those steering wheels you mentioned so if not correct maybe I would luck out again. I'll get some decent pics for ya'll when I go look at.

• Like 3

Racinbob
2 hours ago, WHX14 said:

What decal was that Bob? Like the Raiders have below the gas tank?

I gave both AC man and Dan a sneak preview on the dash tag and they where both searching here for a model T10... didn't quite see the faint 77 :rolleyes:

Yup, the raiders, B's, C's, etc.

That faint 77 got me at first too :unsure:

• Like 2

Racinbob

I've got a pretty nice 2 spoke steering wheel. I have no clue what it's off of. I'll take a picture of it this afternoon. :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell
2 hours ago, Sarge said:

There had to be changes made to the belt cover for use of a floor board on the right side. Between that, and the wrong steering wheel and decals it pointed more to a '68. The pics on this tablet are horrible at best, didn't even see the parking brake handle.

If it gets bought,  good luck restoring it and finding that big 2-spoke steering wheel in good condition...ugh.

Sarge

If you look at the pics again, there is only one on the drivers side. I think it was added to aid in getting on and off the tractor. 

Randy

• Like 1

WHX??

Went to look today & put some coin down on - yup wrong wheel - same wheel as a C-160 the guy had. That and the only thing modded was the lone cobbled on  floor board - easy to correct.

20180328_125447[1].jpg

• Confused 1

WHX??

Was in a little rougher shape than I hoped but very savable and will clean up nice. Drove it up to a wall and dug nice holes with the rear. Engine was rebuilt in 96. The old gent who owned it wrote all over it in sharpie as some things that were done to it - oil changes, tire pressures - stuff like that.

20180328_125214[1].jpg

20180328_125227[1].jpg

20180328_125523[1].jpg

20180328_122606[1].jpg

Cigar lighter missing & some other  minor PO fixes but nothing serious so I'm happy to add it to the herd. Will get some more pics once I get to  home barn and cleaned up.

Edited by WHX14
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

Looks pretty good! Glad ya got it!!

• Thanks 1

Racinbob

Is this correct Jim? If you're looking for original this wouldn't be the one. It's been painted and the rim is coated. I was going to use it on my 500 Special until Richie gave me one I like better.  :)5abc0c93ea2be_SteeringWheel1.JPG.7457646f700effb38efa5f292e3ad5c0.JPG5abc0cf9a3898_SteeringWheel2.JPG.3317ef68444f42490f674864bd427d63.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut

Same wheel as came on my 1267 parts tractor, it is on the Street Rod 953 now.

5abbec78661b3_20180328_1254471.jpg.554fbe8aec40380c8dedcbf42e350e6f.jpg046.JPG.0de81cbfb284f059f22e75e6ef37f349.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

That  looks awful close Bob. I'm thinkin that was a wheel made by an  OEM in the day and was used by :wh:, ,(black) Cubs and others but were white.  I'll have to go out and snap a pic of the one I got from A-Z which was really nice and correct for '67 but was black.

Here's  the deal tho... notice  the back of the fender pan where the whisker is bolted the WH decal is gone. That and the hood decals bass ackwards just got me wondering if this is not a repaint? I wish it it were because it might mean a potential resto but then I again was hoping it was original patina to stay orginal.  Find out when I get her home  for some really close scrutiny. 

20160524_181153.jpg

20180328_200727.jpg

Edited by WHX14
  • Like 2

WHX??

While I was out in the magic shed these beauts wanted to bust out of their stalls....weather finally in the 50's! :D

20180328_201608.jpg

Edited by WHX14
  • Like 7

RandyLittrell

Ok, this is the wheel on my 1277. Does anyone think its correct or what it came off of? I know the center cap is not of course, but I was led to believe it was original. 

KIMG0254.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

We all know that Wheel Horse had a tenancy to use the parts on hand and wouldn't shut down the assembly line because a bin full of steering wheels was delivered that didn't match the ones they had been using yesterday.  As the US Postal Service said,"If It Fits; It Ships!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
9 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Ok, this is the wheel on my 1277. Does anyone think its correct or what it came off of? I know the center cap is not of course, but I was led to believe it was original. 

KIMG0254.jpg

That looks like the one that came on dad's CC original which probably ain't factory original either...:think:

IMAG2186.jpg

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn
10 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

No not factory. You are looking for a steering wheel like the one on this tractor.

5abcddccd8043_10454.jpg.4ade602ccf758805a30f5a4b923a9f68.jpg

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

That looks like the one that came on dad's CC original which probably ain't factory original either...:think:

Nope the original had a steering wheel like this. You can still buy them brand new and there are plenty of good used ones out there as well.

steeringwheel.JPG.33438c376854b619cc9e6736c3c172f8.JPG

• Thanks 1

Sarge

Look through Perry's pictures,  his was an undisturbed original '67.

On second thought,  looks like Photobucket is holding those hostage like so many others but there are 2 other correct 1277 models. I'd post pics of mine but they're on a dead laptop...

The 2 spoke wheel on that model is pretty large compared to the rest.

Sarge

• Like 1