classicdmax

choke control cable

classicdmax

looking for oem choke control cable for my 73' 16h hydro no name. PO had installed an aftermarket style control cable which is now becoming difficult to operate. id like to remove said cable and install an orginal to have choke operation as intended from factory. ive searched the bay and around this site and cannot find what i need. any input would be much appreciated

thanks

j-

BOB ELLISON

I have a 74 c160 which is almost identical to yours . What I had to do is but a universal cable and add it to the original handle. The cable is not available from Toro .

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

JPWH

Do you need the whole assembly or just the cable and conduit. I may have everything but the t handle. Glen Pettit in the vendor section sells the handle.

• Like 2

classicdmax

Just need cable and conduit, but will take whole assembly if necessary. Bought T handle a couple years back but had been waiting to install it until I got the choke properly operational

JPWH

PM sent

classicdmax

Can anyone provide any input concerning routing of oem choke cable. All I have remaining of existing is a stub coming from under fuel tank

or length?

thanks

Edited by classicdmax

peter lena

hello, having replaced both of my control cables with new, throttle and choke , I picked up longer cables for each , giving  me more cable for a smoother routing, I have found that cables want to sit in a smoother run, making it naturally work smoother. also before using the new cable I always pull out the inner cable from the wire wrap and  (cable fluid film ) it hanging vertically, insuring no binding or drag. I find its the small details that help/make a number of control issues on the horse work without effort. often, a sloppy control rod fit is quickly fixed with a thick washer and lubricant. just my own experience . pete

• Like 1