chiefM

New to me 552

953 nut

Many of us own :wh: that we have very little history on. In my opinion it will always remind you of your dad if you keep it as it is now. Keep it running and bring it out to tractor shows as a survivor with a story to tell.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

chiefM

I decided to not work over today, just short of 40 hrs this week and we paid for all day tomorrow.Here are the pics of the 552 I promised. I am going to make room and put it in my basement to keep it out of the weather for now. I know dad has had it for a few years but not since new. I am a purist at heart but the restored tractors look so cool. For now I will get it running and decide later but probibly leaning on a full restore later on next year.  Thank for the input, this place is great.

20171221_223709977_iOS.jpg

20171221_223725169_iOS.jpg

20171221_223743505_iOS.jpg

20171221_223754309_iOS.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack

Thanks for the :text-coolphotos:!  That is a sweet little machine.  I like your thoughts on what you plan to do with it.  What a neat memorial machine.

AMC RULES

IMO, you have a good candidate for a restoration. :handgestures-thumbsup:

as your :wh: definitely looks to be repainted at some point...

& your graphics appear to have been replaced then too. 

:rs:Member Zeek...

has this nice, original patina 552 for reference here. 

DSC06541

:confusion-shrug:  If you're interested, there are more images available in his :rs:gallery content.  

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey Steve, and welcome to red square. Nice machine dad left you, looks sweet and complete. Best of luck and keep us posted.

:text-welcomeconfetti:         :wh:           :text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

• Like 2

chiefM

I ordered a carb today! I will mess with it when it comes in. I will just add it to the mile long list of stuff I need to do. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Just  when I think we've see about all the nice round hood survivors ther is another one comes out the wood work...nice Chief :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Seems your pot belly has taking  a liken to it as well!:lol:

• Like 2

wallfish
4 hours ago, chiefM said:

I will just add it to the mile long list of stuff I need to do

Just blow off the "honey do" list, or at least half of it and get started!. Those lists never get any shorter anyway because as soon as you knock one off, it gets replaced by two more. There's a whole bunch of ways to get out of doing most of that crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

chiefM

9 hours ago, WHX12 said:

Just  when I think we've see about all the nice round hood survivors their is another one comes out the wood work...nice Chief :handgestures-thumbupright: 

Seems your pot belly has taking  a liken to it as well!:lol:

Yes I got photo bombed by the pig! 

8 hours ago, wallfish said:

Just blow off the "honey do" list, or at least half of it and get started!.

Most of it is stuff I need to do! 

I knocked some of it out yesterday. My basement is a mess right now. I need to finish pulling the engine on my daughters 4 wheeler since it is sitting right in front of the basement door. I need to get a new battery for the Ford tractor today while we are in town. It always seems to rain on the weekends when I can work on stuff. 

Edited by chiefM

chiefM

New carb and air filter came in this week! Going to try and get them installed this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chiefM

To darn cold to be messing with anything right now, I thought I lived in the south. I should be able to get around to it this weekend when we finally get above freezing!.

• Like 1