Sign in to follow this  
kwalshy

Brake Bands & 8 speed Transmissions

kwalshy

I need to get a brake band for an 8 speed trans that I bought rebuilt.  I can't get a hold of the seller anymore to find out what tractor this 8 speed trans came from. 

The p/n 9593 band won't work. it's as if this trans needs to have a brake band who's connection is the opposite direction of the the p/n 9593.  Or in other words a clockwise vs counterclockwise for the brake rod to connect & bite onto the brake drum because the mounting tab on this transmission is at a different location as compared to the blown transmission I pulled off my 314-8.  I bent a 9593 band so I could bolt it up to this rebuilt 8 speed, but this ain't gonna do the job.... 

Any help would be appreciated, either what the other brake band part number is or a modification I could do to make a 9593 brake band work....  I don't want to have the clutch as my only means of braking.

Thanks.

gwest_ca

Perhaps you need the 4437 replaced by 7376 band used on the model 5060 and 5071 transmissions. It also fit some of the 3-speed transmissions. Click on the picture and click on it again on the next page to enlarge it. Go to the bottom of those pages to see what tractors used those transmissions.

This should be the original on the 314-8

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/parts/9593/

A good used band should be easily obtained with the 3-speeds being more common.

Garry

• Like 3

kwalshy

Thank you Garry.  Much appreciated!