Jump to content
mikeeyre74

Is this thing bent? 48" deck issue..

Recommended Posts

 This bar here appears to be bent, to me… Is it? Or is it supposed to be that way? It’s the one hooked to the trunnion at the bottom of the photo that adjusts the front to back tilt of the deck. 

 

Is this bent?

 

 I can’t find a good example of it online to compare it to another one… So either it’s bent, or it’s not, but I can’t figure out how are you would bend something like this that way? So it’s got me wondering… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeh, it is bent.  Should be straight.  Just straighten it out and you will be good to go after you put that pulley back on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is bent. Most likely bent when someone pulled deck from under the tractor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After you straighten it, flip the lift rod and trunnion in the opposite direction.  Someone may have bent the leveler so they could install the parts the wrong way. :unsure:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1995 520H+96+97 said:

Yes it is bent. Most likely bent when someone pulled deck from under the tractor. 

 

Thats a good point. I wouldn’t have thought of that... thanks guys!

 

”flip the lift rod”? When I get the thing unbent, it won’t line up anymore you mean... but should be visible by eye which lines up the best, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikeeyre74 said:

 

 

”flip the lift rod”? When I get the thing unbent, it won’t line up anymore you mean... but should be visible by eye which lines up the best, right?

 

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bent. Reverse the trunnion after straightening the flat bar. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lynnmor said:

After you straighten it, flip the lift rod and trunnion in the opposite direction.  Someone may have bent the leveler so they could install the parts the wrong way. :unsure:

That was what I thought when I looked at it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×