Rayp

C160 Automatic engine mounts

Rayp

When removing the engine from the frame some time ago I vaguely remember only removing two bolts.  This came back to me recently when refitting my refurbished engine and finding that it was only possible to align two of the bolt holes (on the four corners of the cast iron oil pan).  Whilst I have fitted two bolts (as shown in the attached photos) this leaves the remaining two holes overhanging the frame and with no fixings.  From the information I received when I bought the Tractor it is as original and has had only one previous owner, but I find it difficult to believe that the engine only requires bolts in two holes particularly as the Parts Manual shows four bolts are needed.Can anyone help please?

P1010263.JPG

P1010262.JPG

P1010264.JPG

pfrederi

Directly opposite the two bolts you have mounted there will be 2 holes in the frame on the other side.  They should align with threaded holes that go up into the engine oil pan.  (If you have the correct pan). Bolts go through the frame into the oil pan

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Rayp

Thanks for your reply Paul.  There are no threaded holes in the bottom of the oil pan just the 4 holes (one on each corner) and as far as I know the pan is original though my Tractor was made in Belgium and I understand they were not too particular with which parts they used!

520hC-120

My 1976 C-120 has only two bolts allowed to fit as well, I also find that weird but it runs and drives great!

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

I have a 1974 c160 and it has 4 bolts holding the engine down just as pfrederi said. 2 go through the frame into pan on right sibe and 2 outside lift side.

I always say a picture is worth a thousand words. 

2017-09-16 20.44.23.jpg

2017-09-16 20.43.37.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Thisguyisnew

I have a 74 with threads under pan as well. It's a 16hp k341 motor, is your motor the same size?

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
1 hour ago, Thisguyisnew said:

I have a 74 with threads under pan as well. It's a 16hp k341 motor, is your motor the same size?

Yes my c160 has a k341.  that was the only motor that came on a C160 1974- 1977

JoeM

I had a B100A once that had bolts in these holes that were "J" shaped. They hooked under the angle frame and ran up through the holes with self locking nuts.

• Like 2

pfrederi
13 hours ago, Rayp said:

Thanks for your reply Paul.  There are no threaded holes in the bottom of the oil pan just the 4 holes (one on each corner) and as far as I know the pan is original though my Tractor was made in Belgium and I understand they were not too particular with which parts they used!

Try J Bolts as mentioned above.

Rayp

Thank you all for the photos and information.  My engine is indeed a 16HP K341 and it seems it may have been built with the incorrect oil pan.  However, rather than change the oil pan or just leave two bolts, I will try and find 2 J bolts and use these.

Rayp

Will,

Which side of your tractor has the two bolts?

BOB ELLISON

Bolt it  on the the left side ( TOP PICTURE )The bottom bolts that go in oil pan are on the right side (BOTTOM PICTURE ). That's the side for the JBOLTS . 

The top picture is the way you must bolt it so the  belt will line up.

The jbolts will hold the right side down. 

• Like 2

520hC-120
2 hours ago, Rayp said:

Will,

Which side of your tractor has the two bolts?

My C-120 and raider 12 both have them on the left side, but now that you guys mentioned bolts threading through the oil pan ( I did not know this ) I checked and they both seem to have them thread though the oil pan aswell as on the frame

Edited by 520hC-120
  • Like 3

Rayp

Thank you again Bob and Will - I don't know what I'd do without you RedSquare guys!

• Thanks 1