Evil Archer 300

I need expert Advice

Evil Archer 300

2 Weeks ago I purchased a 518-H, It has the Eaton 700 Transaxle. If I change it out to a Eaton 1100 will there be a huge difference.

I've been running a 310-8 for 10 years. My property is very Hilly some spots 12 to 15 degrees. The 310 handles the Hills well.

My Driveway is the same grade 1000' long. The 310 has plowed and graded it well.

In your opinions with a Tranny swap will the 518 do as well.

I could always sell it and find a 4 or 500 series with an 8 sp

Wheel Horse 518.jpg

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't know about the newer hydro but I have a 1974 C-120 hydro and I don't like the way the speed of the tractor increases and decreases with the slope of the yard. Unlike the manual transmissions which maintain ground speed .    Just my:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

jay bee

:text-yeahthat:  

Jim

Jerry77
2 hours ago, Evil Archer 300 said:

If I change it out to a Eaton 1100 will there be a huge difference

The answer to that is a resounding   Y E S ..  that being said, the comments about speed changing with an auto tranny on hilly ground is true...auto/manual - just a matter of preference... I like the ability to change my speed infinitely because of all the obstacles I have in my yard...and for plowing snow - auto is great - especially the reverse gear, which on mine ( I have a 516 that I switched to eaton 1100 that was a donor from a 418A.).reverse is as fast as forward - which is fast.I'm real happy with it and it was a breeze to change.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 8