Scottscj7

5085 axles

Scottscj7

I have 72 commando 800 that i have owned for almost 20 years. I recently picked up a set of  Wheel horse 12 inch rear rims and 8 inch front rims that would like to mount AGs on to replace the stock wheels, i know the axle shafts are longer on this model is there a set of axle shafts that can be swapped in that are shorter so the 12 inch rims will not stick out so far

Racinbob

You won't need to change them. I put a set of 23-7.50-12's on a 72 Commando 600 I restored for my grandson. I didn't need to change the axles but if I remember correctly you'll need to change the hubs. I could be wrong but I believe there was a difference in the diameter of the center hole. :)

:WRS:

DSCN0292.JPG

• Like 1

Scottscj7

I do have the correct hubs for the new wheels.i test fit the larger tires and thought it stuck out too far, which way did you mount the wheel offset to the inside or out

Racinbob

Just like they came off the B-80. Something seems odd though. My hubs are snugged up to the case and also the axles are flush with the outside of the hubs. :confusion-confused:

Scottscj7

I guess it is not going to be a problem i just finished repainting wheels and had the AGs mounted and put on. I like the look and I can climb up down my hill without spinning a tire

IMG_0039.JPG

• Like 1