Sign in to follow this  
giantsean

Tiller parts and other questions D200

giantsean

Hey All,

Thanks for everyone's help in picking out my D... haven't done too much w/ it except drive it in circles, but I'm ready to go.  Unfortunately since it was more of a garage find than a creampuff, I have already found some missing/broken stuff with which I need help.  Here we go:

- Tiller drag bar - it appears I have most of the stuff EXCEPT for the drag bar (called upper link, part 102203 in manual).  This mounts to a clevis bracket on each end.  It looks like it's just a piece of flat bar so it shouldn't be too difficult to replicate, but wanted to see if anyone has the length spec.  The OTHER problem w/ the tiller is:

- 3 pt hitch mounting bracket (Upper link assembly, part 102096 in the 3-pt hitch manual).  Both the ears in which the pin goes through are either rusted off or were cut/ground off the tractor.  In their place are two holes which do not go all the way through (there is a reinforcement bar which runs across the inside of the assembly).  It looks to be a bolt on part and I guess not too hard to fabricate, or worst case attach some pieces of angle iron to make a bracket, but figured I'd see if there was another way or a source out there.

- Plow manual (66-56BAO1) - I have the book but it looks like a 70's style photocopy which is very aged and hard to read.  The text is kinda visible but the pics are entirely washed out.  Again just wanted to see if anyone has a good copy or knows an online source

I'm sure I'll have 800 more questions as I learn more.  Thanks for any help and happy to be part of the family!

Thx,

Sean

IMG_20170611_103100796 (Large).jpg

IMG_20170611_103147164 (Large).jpg

IMG_20170611_245617821 (Large).jpg

IMG_20170611_245628459 (Large).jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

We do not have an original dozer manual but this parts list may help

This one you likely don't need. The last 2 digits in the model numbers are numbers 99% of the time. You typed an O for a 0.

Garry

• Like 1

pfrederi

From my D200.  I/4" stock for the bracket.  2.5" deep 2" tall 1.25 inches apart.  Hole center is 1-7/8: from cross member.  Note on my unit the reinforcing piece is on the top not the bottom like the manual picture...Go figure.

Cant help with the tiller top link

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

Looking at your picture and the manual picture my cross member may be mounted upside down....Worked OK with 3 pt finish mower but ....

• Like 1

giantsean

Thank you Paul, that's a very helpful angle (I had thought from the other pics that it was a 3-sided box!  Hey since that piece just bolts on, I wonder if yours is just flipped for some reason in relation to the photo.  I don't know enough about them to know whether it's by design (other accessories or something).

4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Looking at your picture and the manual picture my cross member may be mounted upside down....Worked OK with 3 pt finish mower but ....

haha exactly... great minds think alike :)

Sarge

From what I can tell , that cross piece is to act as a stop for the upper link when it's not in use to keep it out of the way of the main trailer hitch - mine is installed like the book on the bottom but it's the "kit" version to install the 3pt on a D-180 , which they tell me has a bit heavier components . I bought the 3pt used and it was pretty bent up in the main lower arms , so I had the welding shop next door bend up some new ones and I transferred the end balls over to the new arms , works great (his bender can handle the 1/2"x 2" stock better) . I'll try to get the exact distance measurements on the top link cross bar later and post them up - it would be easy to repair yours .

Sarge

• Like 1