Tgtack

Nylon and bronze bushings, need source

Tgtack

Anyone know of a source for the various nylon and bronze bushings for the different rods that go through the sheet metal parts? Going to need to find some for the 1276 build.

953 nut

Check this out.

https://www.mcmaster.com/

• Like 3

rmaynard

Search for NYLINERS. Those are the split nylon bushings used in such places as hood pivots, PTO handles etc.. Toro, eBay, and Amazon are a good source.

• Like 2

Sarge

On your 1276 the places that use the split nyliners would be better served if you switched it to using thin bronze or brass bushings . Those nylon ones that were original seemed to have the magic durometer to make them last - ones I've replaced with new have failed easily so I switched mine to using bronze bushings/bearings . Much tougher and there are several places if you wanted you could enlarge the holes a little and use a heavier wall bushing . The cross shafts for the hydro lever see the most wear from vibration and use - nylon just isn't a good choice in those spots to last any real length of time . The nylon I put back in last time lasted only halfway through a winter's use before falling out in pieces . Upgraded bronze also helped to remove a lot of slop in those controls as well and over time will wear in nicely . I just dig through McMaster's selection of 841 bronze bearings to find what I want - the ones in question are bronze flange bearings , btw...

They also have a very nice app for your phone that works quite well - still lists all the specs and even drawings on parts if you need the information for a build . I need to order some 1144 alloy rod and some specific seamless DOM tubing from them today - will be here Tuesday morning without fail if the stuff is in stock since the main warehouse is in Chicago . UPS sends a semi trailer there daily during the week , McMaster is one of my favorite suppliers and have a customer service system second to none .

Sarge

• Like 2

Tgtack

I have ordered lots from them back when I was building turbo systems, they have a main warehouse in Cleveland, if in stock maximum of one day UPS ground. Once, I ordered really early in the am, and it showed up on my door step that day! Thanks for advice, will look into the bronze bushing, even ACE has a good selection of those.

Edited by Tgtack

ACman

Here's another source ... https://fastenerconnection.com/  MidWest

I'm sure you've seen their displays in hardware stores . I was lucky enough to have sold both McMaster and MidWest products through the family's Allis Chalmers dealer .

• Like 1