pfrederi

Gear shift Donut roll pin

pfrederi

My weekender neighbor has a C125-8 that decided it wouldn't shift into reverse.  the shifter was sloppy so i figured the dog point set screw needed work.  Got it in to 3rd and drove it to my place.  Nothing wrong with set screw but the roll pin that goes through he donut and shifter had sheared .  Got him back mowing with a spare gear shift I had on the shelf.

The roll pin is 5/32 and the donut is 1 inch across but you have to leave some room for the dog point.  I am thinking 7/8" but does anyone know the length WH used?

Second question i have seen some shifters that have a weld on the top of the donut to the shaft.  Was that a later factory idea, or a dealer /repair idea. Any reason I should do that in addition to the new roll pin???

• Like 1

stevasaurus

The factory is 13/16" long and a 5/32" roll pin...# 933168.  Paul, I believe all the weld on top of those doughnuts was not factory.  If the trans shifts OK after you fix it, I would not weld it.   :)

• Like 1

pfrederi

Thank you.

WHX??
20 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

weld on top of those doughnuts was not factory

Is that right Steve? Is that true for all models? If I remember right all the ones I ever dealt with were welded & just assumed it was factory   Never noticed there was a roll pin in there, thought the dog point divot was just a drilled hole. Will have to be more observant in that area. :)

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Jim, there is no way that I can be positive that the welds were factory or not.  There may even be a Service Bulletin so it gets done at the dealers.  I'm just thinking that why would you weld something that uses a roll pin right from the factory.  It makes no sense, since, cents.  :)

• Like 2

buckrancher

all the newer tractors were welded

Brian

• Like 1