mark fogle

A90

mark fogle

i just broke the transmissiom on my A90. does anyone know where i can find one? Its a 3 speed forward 1 speed reverse manual. i believe its a 72. but from what I've read it might be a 76. the ID # starts with 72

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Post this in the "wanted" section of the classifieds...Click on the "Classifieds" link at the top of the page...

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

It should be a 1977 model.

7 = 1977

2 = Lawn tractor. A 1 was used for garden tractors

Describe the transmission failure or what happened. Make sure you have not sheared a Woodruff key at the driven pulley and at both rear wheels. Any one of the 3 will result in the loss of drive.

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, mark fogle said:

i just broke the transmissiom on my A90.

:WRS:   As Garry said, if you can let us know a bit more about what is and isn't working we may be able get you back out there with the transaxle you have.

• Like 1

mark fogle

thanks everyone your help

the serial doesn't quite match though  72-08BP04-1402  6334  this is mine

i thought i posted a picture of it... but its not working. The left side planetary gear broke and shattered the housing  

mark fogle

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkAGNiMzkxZjNlLWQ2NDItNGI4Yy1hN2VkLWEwNGFkZjc0NGRhMQBGAAAAAADwnih%2BnV4eRYmR%2FOXnGIqBBwCiC3fSxEuWT6aiFKjgazoEAAAAAAEMAACiC3fSxEuWT6aiFKjgazoEAAFPThN5AAABEgAQAF5oR2uW2nNFnPko%2BoyQra0%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=3Ct7Z9dQPECTUbD-2SAcSTBwx9_wm9QY4SXHKfEAhK0m7VVCBRrxt1_tfJiUUrK1GpTmwKDfo1M.

gwest_ca

Sounds like a major failure. Will bet a used unit would bolt in even if it had a different number of speeds.

There was no 72-08BP04 and your serial and build date fits in with the others for the 72-08BP01.

08 = engine hp

B = B&S engine

P = Peerless transmission

01 is the parts list identifier. Some models did have changes and have seen up to 06 but that is rare.

Go back to the first file and look at the SN - added your 1402

Garry

• Like 1

mark fogle

your right its 08BP01  Looks like a 4. The tag is a little old. 

what does the 6334 identify ? When it was made?

gwest_ca

Julian build date 6334 is 334th day of 1976. They didn't always get it right. Some years the stamper got confused and would use 7334 because they were building a 1977 model on the 334th day of 1976.

The date stamped is not necessarily the day it was built. It was the day the computers of the time determined there was enough parts to build x number of a certain model and the serial numbers were assigned to those.

1977 models were available in October of 1976.

Garry

mark fogle

thank you

• Like 1