Tim.0

67 wheel horse

Tim.0

hi,

I must have the wheel horse bug now, but see a wheel horse 67 not sure what it is. Need output bearing the external one anyway. Are the parts for the older models still available? The asking is 225 for it. It did run when parked 5 years ago. extra parts for other WH

As a side note the one I just bought got home, so far so good. Wife was away seeing family she didn't know I bought it. Anyway she came and I showed her how to run it and she was out there just going to town cutting the grass with a big smile.

Also the 314 h people here use the ethanol gas at all? Just use the premium without ethanol?

the 67 model would a person have to use lead added supplement to the gas for the engine or does the engine have hardened valve seats.

Thanks Tim O

wheelhorse.thumb.jpg.49223452edb6bd2559ee60f447947297.jpg5915f718190f3_wheelhorse2.jpg.aa475720f9afdec2d69a776462a4eb24.jpg5915f6a321132_wheelhorse1.jpg.d3467bef9b653e6e7d9c675473cb82ef.jpg

• Like 4

gwest_ca

Just a guess on the 1967 model

Garry

• Like 2

Tim.0

Thanks

How are the parts, engine, bearings, and etc to get for these, I hate to buy it and not be able to get parts or pay a fortune. Maybe a 1257? For a 67 looks in nice shape.

• Like 1

Achto
19 minutes ago, Tim.0 said:

Maybe a 1257? For a 67 looks in nice shape.

I looked at the pics of that one too. Price is good, specially with the extras. Being a hydro I thought that it may be a 1277 but the running boards throw me off. A 1967 model should not have running boards, it should only cast iron foot pads. Not to say that some one did not put the running boards on but , if they are stock the tractor may be a 68 to 70 model. The absence of a start/gen also calls out for it to be a later model. My best guess would be that the tractor is a 68-70 Electro 12. Still worth picking up though.

I do not use ethanol gas in any of my small engines, no exceptions. I have had no issues running no lead gas in these older engines though. 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

Achto
4 hours ago, Tim.0 said:

How are the parts, engine, bearings, and etc to get for these, I hate to buy it and not be able to get parts or pay a fortune.

Check this site out for engine parts http://www.psep.biz/store/kohler_rebuild_kits.htm

The engine looks like a 12hp, just scroll down to K301 for prices on complete rebuild kits for the engine. Most parts are fairly easy to get for the rest of the tractor. Parts for the hydro drive can be a little more difficult but can be found.

• Like 2

Tankman

I sometimes take grandsons to our local airport, 100 Octane LL (low lead) Non-Ethanol gas.

It's illegal to use gas with ethanol in small aircraft.  I also use Berrymans, fairly regularly. https://www.berrymanproducts.com/

Good luck with your Horse! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Tim.0

so have had contact with the guy selling the WH. where would the serial numbers be located? I will take bunch numbers with me try to figure exactly what it is? Does anyone know the  hydro's back then were sealed units or came with filters or maybe they had both back then?

Looks like someone gave it a crappy paint job.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
Spoiler
6 hours ago, Tim.0 said:

so have had contact with the guy selling the WH. where would the serial numbers be located? I will take bunch numbers with me try to figure exactly what it is? Does anyone know the  hydro's back then were sealed units or came with filters or maybe they had both back then?

Looks like someone gave it a crappy paint job.

Tim        :WRS:     look under the dash where the choke and throttle are the is a small plate should say  1077 or 1277 enjoy. the last number is the year of the tractor.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher

953 nut
6 hours ago, Tim.0 said:

where would the serial numbers be located?

:WRS:     The serial number plate will be located on the steering column stand just under the dash or on the right side of the dash depending on the year. This attachment has all the model numbers and the corresponding info.

wheelhorseallyears.pdf

16 hours ago, Tim.0 said:

Need output bearing the external one anyway.

By output do you refer to the PTO that will drive the mower? If that is the part there is no problem with finding a good replacement or new bearings. That is the beauty of a :wh:, bearings and seals are common off the shelf items that can be purchased at NAPA or any good hardware store.

Achto

Tim, the hydro was built by Sunstrand. It will have a filter. I use only Toro hydro filters on mine but I've heard that Napa has a quality replacement also.

953 nut

The NAPA filter number is 1410.

• Like 1

Tim.0

Thanks for all the  comments and help

Tim O

• Like 1

Achto
19 hours ago, Tim.0 said:

Thanks for all the  comments and help

So, did you buy it????

Tim.0

yes. its a 69 charger 12  1-7241 Looks like missing side plate maybe (according to manual)

He said it ran fine , everything worked, didn't smoke when parked 5 years ago.  I could not see where the mice had chewed thru any wiring.

I'm crossing my fingers

Edited by Tim.0
  • Like 1

Achto

Good to hear that you got it!! :handgestures-thumbupright: I bet after some fuel system cleaning and an oil change, that it will fire right up. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.:handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Tim.0

IT will be a week or two before I get it. I am waiting a turn signal switch for my truck ( no turn signals). Prolly will not get right to it. I will post back results after working on it.

Thanks

• Like 1