Nateh2120

Hey everyone, new to the D series tractor. Have a 18 automatic. What is the name of the clutch for the tractor, can't find one online. Have a few issues. The transmission leaker behind the oil filter in what looks to be a pressed in cap. Don't know what to call it. Also when pushing stuff moving slow once the tractor is put under a load the speed lever jumps to full speed. I don't understand it. Want to learn as much as I can

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I am sure the "D" folks will be along shortly to help you out!!!

They will want pictures!!!

Achto

:WRS: May be a few pics of the area would help the guys out.

pfrederi

There is no clutch on you tractor.  (Unless you mean the PTO clutch that engages the deck or other implements),,,,The hydropump is permanently connected to the engine.  The linkage on your tractor, and the very similar follow on D series, is a somewhat complex and can get out of adjustment.  The Sundstrand manual in this link shows the linkage and how to adjust it.

I don't have a good picture of the tranny around the filter.  The only plug like things I can think of are real closed end needle bearings, they do not usually leak.  Can you take a picture of your leak.  Also clean the are well then run it and check again to make sure the "plug" is the source...oil can run a long way before it drips.

Welcome to Red Square

Parts list for your tracto

• Like 1

pacer

As Paul f noted the linkage on the D's is a rather convoluted system and can get out of whack -- but! I think your problem can be solved quite simply -- IF we can get you directed to the adjustment. First off be sure and get you a copy of the manual shown and find the adjustment section to help in finding this.

Im sure you can see the linkage running just to the right of the battery, so on the outside along there in the sheet metal will be a hole about 1 1/2" in dia and looking in the hole is parts of the linkage. This is to access that adjustment, its a friction adj (you have to have some friction in the linkage so it wont flop around -- and take off at full speed!!:-o) I cant remember exactly whether its a hex head nut or a screw slot?? but it will need a slight tightening, this will add a bit more friction and - hopefully stop it running away on you. It might take a couple test runs to settle in on 'just right'

Im also puzzled on your leak? as mentioned take a pic and one of us will probably know ...

Oh and by the way, welcome to the Wheel Horse family, there is a world of knowledge here and it is shared freely (and if you are like me and a few others we LOVE our Big D's!!)