Sign in to follow this  
"Manic-Mechanic"

18 Auto Fliud Issue

pfrederi

The O ring for the push valve is Dash  number 012           3/8ID 1/2 OD 1/16 thick

"Manic-Mechanic"

this don't look good, barely any resistance, splines are but gone on the pump shaft.

.100_1170.thumb.JPG.c7cf280f1b7f582fca7fc885333031cb.JPGspline100_1174.thumb.JPG.6ebf63dd6aa7e62dfae372967a959352.JPG

100_1175.JPG

pfrederi

Looks like you found your problem stripped splines.  In a way that is good news.  That failure doesn't generate metal shavings inside the system that will damage the valve plates.

I see two ways forward for you. 

One would be to put in another pump that you bought and hope for the best.

The second would be to open up the new pump and check the valve plates and charge pump.  If they are in good shape install it.  if they are not in good shape take the shaft with good splines and put in your existing pump (I assume the tractor worked OK before the sudden failure) which would indicate the internals of your pump and hydro motor are in decent shape.

"Manic-Mechanic"

Your reading my mind. I do notice the pump shaft is a bit tough to turn on the original pump, enough where a glove is needed. I'll compare the replacement to see the action of the pump shaft. I believe it is a good sign as well. Good time to clean and rebuild things accordingly......

Thank again.