Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

Quality time with a Horse

jusjeepn

After several weeks of deliberating over what she (the wife) wanted, I finally started the Raider project. This is my wife tractor so we're building it the way she wants it! :whistle: So far this is what we've come up with.

008.jpg

After we repower it, it will also get a boost in speed. I'd like to see about 15 - 20mph out of this baby. With the pink paint, and the added speed, she should get plenty of attention at the June show, my wife that is :thumbs:

BairleaFarm

looks good. how did you get the front end so low?

TJ

:thumbs:

gd.pudge

wish i had a wife like that.but she divorced me :banana: :banana:

Teddy da Bear

I think he flipped the axle....

But pink??? :whistle:

How about a comprimize of wheel horse

red with white and pink accents? :thumbs:

sorekiwi

But pink??? :thumbs:

I got one that is slowly (and naturally!) turning into a pinky!

jusjeepns_missus

It's gotta be pink. Pat has the 420 and I will have the pink tractor. I think it is a pretty good deal! :thumbs:

sorekiwi

It's gotta be pink. Pat has the 420 and I will have the pink tractor. I think it is a pretty good deal! :thumbs:

Hey Justjeepin's missus!

:whistle:

I've been a fan of yours since I saw Pats Christmas present!

jerrell

:whistle: Now jj missus if you have a pink tractor you have to have a pretty white fluffy , parasol to keep the sun off, :thumbs:

welcome to red square,

pond195520032003

:whistle: JJ's Misses :thumbs:

jusjeepn

Started lowering the rear of the Raider today

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

found this during disassembly!

004-1.jpg

something's wrong here

003-1.jpg

after I got the tower off...

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

Here's where we ended up after 4" drop.

015-1.jpg

Like a typical woman she changed her mind after seeing it. Not what she was want'n. Ssoooo... I drug out some more parts and ended up with this.

016.jpg

She liked it!!!!! But I still had to do the rear... This is how it looks now!

019.jpg

Now I have to do a whole lot of fabricating to make it sound and make everyhting work the way it should. 15" tires are in store for the rear and maybe IFS for the front. Oh, and I have to make the new front wheels :thumbs::whistle::whistle:

At least she'll be happy!!!! The next post on updates will be from her since she is now a member here and is hijacking this thread!

bell

Now, THAT'S thinking outside the box! :thumbs:

Welcome to RS Lisa! (I think it's Lisa... :whistle: ) Anyhoo.... :whistle:

KyBlue

From Lowered to lifted...Pretty cool..Least you werent almost done with the project!

Still Look forward to seeing updates

and :thumbs: to the missus

jerrell

:dunno: Hey pat , that is what i am doing to the Gt, got 25 inch ags on the back and 16 inch on the front, but i stayed with red, :thumbs: just kidding , it's great when the second half supports us, :horseplay: :whistle: we kinda can talk them in anything," well baby i have to have this part to make that part look right" :whistle:

jusjeepns_missus

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

And I am trying to think of a different color scheme...I don't want to "tarnish" the Wheel Horse with pink, but I definitely want something to show that it is different and belongs to a wife of a Wheel Horse junkie! So, if you want to share some ideas on painting the tractor, please do!

Jerell, when I hear this -->we kinda can talk them in anything," well baby i have to have this part to make that part look right"...I will now know what you guys are up to!! :thumbs:

Oh, and no pink parasols for me. I think that is where the man in command draws the line when it comes to his wife and his tractors.

jusjeepn

I got a little work done today on the missus tractor. Started by making this plate to add support for the rear

002-9.jpg

I had decided to support this plate with some 5/8" steel rod used as links but I wasn't sure how to attach them to the frame. I thought if I could heat and flatten the ends I could drill them and they would bolt right up. One problem... out of gas for the torches and I haven't had time to pick some up. Well since the wood stove was already fired up, I thought I'd try my hand at soem old time smithy work.

003-5.jpg

Worked great!!! The steel rod heated in less than 15 min and was cherry red! I got out the anvil and BFH and ended up with this.

004-6.jpg

While the rods were heating up I made a plate for them to be welded to. Dressed and drilled the ends of the rods, cut to length, fired up the tombstone and Wa-La...

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

Tomorrow I'll lengthen the shifters and remake the brake rod. Thats all for now

Pat

Sarge

Ya know what we call that in the 4x4 biz, Ghetto Fab Lift !

Lookin good , though .

IFS?

Why???

Sarge

HarleyMan46929

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

And I am trying to think of a different color scheme...I don't want to "tarnish" the Wheel Horse with pink, but I definitely want something to show that it is different and belongs to a wife of a Wheel Horse junkie! So, if you want to share some ideas on painting the tractor, please do!

Jerell, when I hear this -->we kinda can talk them in anything," well baby i have to have this part to make that part look right"...I will now know what you guys are up to!! :thumbs:

Oh, and no pink parasols for me. I think that is where the man in command draws the line when it comes to his wife and his tractors.

Back in the 1960's, Volkswagen Beetles used to have a little vase with fake flowers in it, attached to the dash, between the instruments and the glove-box. When Volkswagen came out with the NEW BEETLE, they brought back the little vase with the fake flowers attached to the dash, just to the right of the steering wheel. I said all that to recommend this: Why not add a little vase with fake flowers on the right side of your Wheel Horse tractor? If you get red roses, or carnations, leave them out in the sun long enough they will fade to pink, and you now have the feminine touch added without painting that poor 'horse pink!!

This way, you can have your 'lady's touch' without drawing so much ire from the male Wheel Horse public on here and elsewhere. Just a thought!!!

HarleyMan46929

jerrell

:whistle: Pat , that is looking good, what kind of engine are you putting on it, with that lift kit , will it do wheelies,??? don't want that horse throwing the missus :whistle:

Missus JJ, you got my wife thinking like you now , she wants her own horse and a different color, i told her they had a horse with a maroon color and she is thinking about it.. :thumbs: :dunno:

Teddy da Bear

:whistle: :whistle::dunno: thank you Missus....

Now a suggestion that Missus might like....Mr. will hate.....lol

How about a old fashioned Candy Apple Red?

That is gold heavy metalic flake.....covered with red wine color.

And then about 5 coats of clear (keep it out of the sun...lol)

And Mr....showed us the final results.....but he did not go into

any detail about lowering or how he got it lifted??? :thumbs:

KyBlue

Lookin good...Keep it up!

Buzz

And I am trying to think of a different color scheme...I don't want to "tarnish" the Wheel Horse with pink, but I definitely want something to show that it is different and belongs to a wife of a Wheel Horse junkie!

Why not pink? There has been a pink Wheel Horse at the show several times. I think someone built it for his daughter to pull with. There was a picture of it in the old Wheel Horse Collector club website. It actually looked pretty good. Pink would definately look better than Jerry's yellow with black polka dots tractor. But then if you know Jerry, it kind of fits him......... :thumbs:

WheelHorse_of_course

How about pink wheels. That is an area where folks allow creativity!

And maybe paint the steering wheel pink (or white?)

:thumbs:

WHC-125

How about Wheelhorse red with hot pink ghost flames :thumbs: :horseplay:

HorseFixer

:whistle: missus :thumbs: Pat lookin good keep up the good work! Make the boss happy! :whistle: