2StrokeJim

3112k804 serial: 2001482

2StrokeJim

Hi

new to site, I consider myself fairly good at electrical, but am Stumped ! this 312-8 is Kicking my You know what, has Had someone else sniping and clipping on harness at ignition switch, wire colors in harness are as follows, double Brown, double white,double red,double black,1 blue.....I cannot find a Electrical diagram that matches these colors and or a Switch that matches these terminals in diagram . Have a 103990 version of Oregon Switch, What color wires go to which terminals ?, Any Help is Greatly Appreciated , Thanks in Advance

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

There is a wiring diagram in the operator manual

Here is another where each circuit has it's own diagram

A page on the 111216 replaced be 103990 switch

Be mindful of the magneto ignition. It is self-powered and the ignition wire is grounded to the chassis to shut the engine off. Do not allow any voltage to enter the ignition wire - that will release the magic smoke in the coil.

This ignition switch is normally for battery ignition but in this case it is controlling an isolation relay to control the grounding of the ignition wire.

Garry

• Like 1

WHX??

I once  considered myself good at electrical too Jim....then I peed on that electric fence....never been quite right since! :lol:

Sounds like Garry's got the diagrams covered so I will just :WRS:

• Like 2

953 nut
19 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Garry

Garry is the best!

8 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

peed on that electric fence....never been quite right since!

That explains a lot.   :ychain:

51 minutes ago, 2StrokeJim said:

I consider myself fairly good at electrical, but am Stumped

:WRS:    Those relays are a PITA and can be a bit mystifying at first. If the wiring has been butchered badly you may want to consider doing a complete rewire job using the "Demistification guide" as your template. If you have more questions please post them.

• Like 1

WHX??

Hilarious Richard now go  back and welcome the chap!:ychain:....oh you did...:hide:

• Like 1