aHorseofCourse

520 tranny life

aHorseofCourse

Ok, looking at a 520 with around 1300 hours.  Question is, how long before the hydro needs an overhaul?  I know it would depend on how well it was taken care of.  Just looking for a ball park.  Also, any weak points to watch out for?  I have no experience with hydros, always been a stick shift kinda guy.  Thanks in advance.  :USA:

pfrederi

I am not big in to Eaton Hydros...but the old sunstrands if they had their fluid and filter changed regularly would have a lot of life yet at that point.

scotty

I have a 520h. Eatons are a good hydro. Im not a big fan of the onan. Everyone that i have owned has been a pain. Usually electrical and spark issues.

Kurt-NEPA

I had a 520H with 2600 hours on it.  The Onan was clapped out, but the Eaton 1100 was still getting the job done.  The only issue was leaking seals and it needed to warm up before you could used it.  I'd say you've got some life left in yours.

• Like 1

Adams94

Dads c195 with the Easton 11 had 2300 hours, engine been rebuilt once.  Hydro is still strong as ever.  Only issues is the 

levers won't stay in place like they used to.

aHorseofCourse

Ok thanks guys!  Seems like they are relatively trouble free.