chip61

Basket Case

chip61

Got this basket case 416-H from my neighbor. It ran pretty good when he got it a couple years ago, but it quit running one day and has been in the same place in his yard since. I traded him some parts for this and dragged it to my house. Someone who had it before him really butchered the wiring-next time I go down there (it's 90 miles from home) I'm going to run 12v to the coil to see if I can get it to run and move. If so, I'll work on the wiring and clean it up, if not I'll try to find a decent Magnum for it. I like the hydro tractors for mowing.

20170319_143205.jpg

20170319_143141.jpg

• Like 3

oldredrider

Chip, send me a pm if you would consider a K-341. I've got a sweet runner coming up for sale.

• Like 2

WHX??

Even it's state of neglect I'd say you probably got the better ened of the deal. Nothing with this girl that knowledge obtained here can't fix!😊

• Like 1

chip61

Went back down today and worked on it for a while. Ran a wire from the battery to the coil and jumped the solenoid-it started fairly easily! It has a flat tire so couldn't really drive it, but it does move forwards and backwards so that's encouraging. I brought the flat tire home to repair and I will put that back on next week and drive it around a little. If all seems to go well I will attempt to figure out what the previous owner did to the wiring. That twin cylinder does sound good!!!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Nothing sounds quite like an Onan purring away, even though the Kohler OHV twins are fairly close, still not the same, and yes when so called "electrians" working on the Toro/Onan wiring without the proper schematics and multi meter makes for an aggravated time to redo and fix been there done that, Jeff.

• Like 2

Tankman

Sounds like you picked up a Horse! Great tractor!

• Like 1

HorseFixer

The only thing that sounds better than a 16hp ONAN is a 20HP Onan. That's my story and I;m sticking to it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3