BOB ELLISON

picked up 314-8

BOB ELLISON
20 hours ago, Amcwheel85 said:

You stole that for sure. Almost looks new!

This is the nicest wheel horse I've got now, and I only have 6. Just got new front tires for it and I think I'll order new for rear also. I did get a great deal and I know it.

BOB ELLISON

Well just an update on my 314-8. I got it started and it would not run without choke out and I had to feather the throttle. After it got warmed up it would not idle and I had to still feather the throttle to keep it running , would not idle at all. So I started to read and found a post on how to rebuilds carb. Walbro LMK 1205380. NLA . So I found a replacement carb but I just had a feeling that it wasn't a bad carb just dirt that i missed . After viewing the website for rebuilding this type I seen him remove the welch plug to clean the holes for the idle. Well I ordered a rebuild kit and it comes with the welch plug. So I pulled the carb and removed the plug and wala I found the idle problem. I don't get the kit until tomorrow but I am confident that was the problem.  Here is the  pictures I took before and after. 

20170323_154113.jpg

20170323_154513.jpg

Blasterdad

:scared-eek: I bet she'll run & idle like brand new now! 

Personally, I love tracking down neglect issues & fixing them properly, it's a great feeling...(to me anyway)

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

I keep you guys up to date on my blessing. Ordered new deestone tires front and rear and got them on today.

But still waiting for carb rebuild kit that I should have gotten today but didn't. (Sorry mail system anymore) I did do a little cleaning on the deck and it is in excellent condition with a few spots of surface rust  a little paint will fix.

20170324_160517.jpg

20170324_160633.jpg

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Well I got the carb rebuilt and it started up and idled like a champ. I did drive it around the yard and the steering is tight as a new one. Lots of power and I really like driving this tractor. Next thing is to put the deck under and give it a spin.

• Like 2

Blasterdad

Wow, that deck looks brand new, still has the stickers & guard on it! 

You were blessed for sure, don't forget to thank the man upstairs this Easter Sunday! ;)

BOB ELLISON

@Blasterdad I thank GOD every day and especially on Easter. I did order some parts for it , a seat switch, nyliner bushings for hood pin and a spring for the clutch . I don't like that gas spring and besides it's weak so I'll replace it with a spring. Still have to get a new belt to deck. When I get it all done I will post pictures. Now I've got to go to church.

• Like 3

953 nut

Those little pieces of excrement in the carburetor came from ethanol fuel. Go ahead and clean the fuel system and use a new filter and fuel line, there is more of that stuff in the system for sure. Run some Seafoam in the fuel and only use non-ethanol gas. Buyrealgas.com

20170323_154113.jpg

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Well this is the last post for this 314-8.

When I picked it up it had 3 flat tires from sitting in a storage unit for 2 or more years. The PO didn't do upkeep so when I got it I had to go through it to see what it needed. First thing was charge battery (I DID PUT A NEW ONE ON LAST WEEK)

Change oil and filter

New plug

Cleaned the mouse nest and dust off

Checked all the wires and switches 

New tires front and rear

New seat switch

Grease all fittings

Rebuilt carburetor 

AND THE DECK ( near new)

Changed all the 6203 all 6 bearings

New belt 94-2501( toro) deck to pto

The steering is like a new mower it is tight and easy to steer.

So that  200.00 tractor is now a $450.00 wheel horse

Tried the mower and it's smooth and quiet the blades are like new. Next is the plow bracket and my wheel weights to put on. And I forgot to put the plastic belt cover back on for testing.

20170401_153112.jpg

20170401_153058.jpg

20170401_153126.jpg

• Like 3