Sign in to follow this  
Old Iron

How to tell what attachments fit my 1057

Old Iron

I am going to start combing yard sales and flea markets for some attachments. I live in a farming county here in Jersey, so I'm hopeful I will find some. My question is, how do I determine if an attachment I find will fit my 1057 by just looking at it? I don't want to pay for something I can't use, nor can I afford to. Any secrets would be great.

Also, are there any rare or hard to find attachments I should pick up regardless, to possably pass on to other members?

jerrell

:thumbs: Hi John, any Brindley small plow, and two sections disk can be adapted to fit either the slot or clivis hitch, or may just button up according to the hitch you have. your tillers and blades require you to have certain fittings on your tractor to attach to, mower decks need the same thing, i guess the attachments depend on what you are going to do with them, gardening or cutting grass pushing snow, dirt or what ever' also there are different attachments to fit different hitches OH and don't forget small wagons are almost a must have item, wh's have a number of attachments ' again :whistle:

sorry john just went back and say your avotar and looks like a goo machine with the plow, so you have some of the hitches,

Teddy da Bear

I think if you go to the toro site.

Plug in your tractor model number....

MPV.....besides drawings of your tractor....

I think there is another link for accessories.

You should also be on the lookout for swap meets

like the huge one in Portland Indiana. That is where

you will find nice accessories.

Sparky

Hey John. I was unable to pull up a page on the TORO site for the 1057 which I thought was strange but I did get one for an 857. The attachment list should be the same as it would for the 1057.

Mike.........

Model # Serial Year Product Name

857 None - None 1967 857 Tractor

Attachments/Accessories List Model/Part Number Description Comments

AC-675 Cultivator No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1722

AC-7 Cultivator (7-1711) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1711

AH-63 Auxiliary Hitch (85111) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-5111

BD-4267 42" Dozer Blade No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 6-2111

DP-861 32" Disc (7-1511) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1512

HL-6 Headlights No Longer Available.

LR-322 Lawn Roller No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-2312

LTD-244 Dump Trailer No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-2212

MA-1 Speed Hitch (85211) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-5211

MB-405 40" Grader Blade (7-1111) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1113

PH-183 Spike Tooth Harrow No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1612

PP-411 8" Plow (7-1421) Requires Clevis Hitch 85514 or Brinly-Hardy Hitch Adapter HH-180.

No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1421

PT-7 Power Take-Off (83311) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-3311

PTO-66 Power Take-Off No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-3211

RC-10 Coulter for PP-85 No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1431

RM-327 32" Rotary Mower No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 5-2323

RM-367 36" Rotary Mower No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 5-2362

SC-152 Aerator No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-2412

SMS-425 42" Sickle Mower (7-1321) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-1321

ST-326 32" Snow Thrower (6-2211) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 6-2211

TC-13 Tire Chains, Turf Saver 8.00 x 12 (82511) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-2411

UW-645 Utility Wagon No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 7-2112

WD-7 Wheel Disc (80511) No Longer Available.

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-0512

WF-60 Front Wheel Weight (81211) Current Model Available: 81214

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-1212

WW-126 Rear Wheel Weight (81111) Current Model Available: 81115

Original Model Supersedes To: 8-1112

linen beige

Hey John. I was unable to pull up a page on the TORO site for the 1057 which I thought was strange but I did get one for an 857. The attachment list should be the same as it would for the 1057.

Mike.........

That's odd? I typed in 1057 and it came right up. :thumbs:

It looks like basically the same list except there are a few larger items listed for the larger 10 horse. Such as a 54 inch blade and a 10 inch plow.

Have a good hunt John, and :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Geezzzz Sparky!

When I first saw that list you posted, I thought that

was some kind of personal inventory on your signature!

:thumbs:

Nick

John,

Sounds like these attachments might be more for working/use than specifically for collecting Wheel Horse brand attachments?

If you dont mind a little modification you can mount up most any pull behind attachment to the tractor using Wheel Horse slot hitch. Other than true WH items a source for these is older tractors and walk behind tractors. The hitch from other brands might be different but it is simple to either bolt or weld the proper size bar onto the attachments.

Clevis or brinly hitch style attachments are also common and can sell at fair prices. For these you either need a clevis style hitch on your tractor or an adapter that converts the attachment to work with a slot hitch. These adapters were sold or can be built.

If you see an actual Wheel Horse brand attachment at a fair price it might be worth bringing it home if only to sell or trade with Wheel horse collectors. Off the top of my head the highest dollar attachments would be the Wheel Horse Generator, Farm style PTO, sickle bar mower, reel mowers and on the larger size a Loader. Im sure there are many other items, like the old head light kits, that could be worth some cash or as trading stock. Its hard to say what you might find out there when you really start to look. :thumbs:

TT

A few of the implements/attachments from the 857 won't work because a 1057 is what's known as a "long frame" and the 857 is a "short frame". (about 4" difference in wheelbase) Since you already have a dozer blade, the sickle bar mower would be about the only other piece that would apply to. It could be modified to work, but would not be a direct fit.

Nick

I forgot to think about just mowing with the tractor. :thumbs: If needed you can add a front hitch to use a newer more easily found mowing deck. TT recently posted pictures of how to build the hitch. -Link to pictures-

Old Iron

Thanks guys! So I unsterstand that most attachments were universal fit for many different model Wheel Horse tractors. Good news. I will grab what I find regardless if they fit or not (money permitting, of course). At least I'll save them from ruin and will be able to pass them on to someone who may want or need it.