Dan693

Tecumseh Ignition Wiring

Dan693

Hey All,

I have a Tech H60-75450M 1972 that I want to put on my Lawn Ranger. I would like to find out how to properly connect the ignition wires to a key switch for electric start.

The first pic is of the wiring coming out of the engine.....one red and one green (it looks black but someone painted it) and the starter wire.

Anyone know what kind of switch I could use? I found a universal one at TSC for 8 bucks that has 3 heavy duty terminals.???

Which wire goes to what terminal?

The second pic is of my stock Lawn Ranger ignition switch......could I use it to test?

Thanks!

20170219_061744.jpg

20170219_061817.jpg

pfrederi

You should look at the Tecumseh service manual available here.

This looks like your system (Figure 20)  Peel back the cover see if you can find the diode.    The other wire should be the magneto ground (kill) do not apply voltage to it!!

as gary said in your other post I would go with a solenoid and cheap ignition switch

To test it start it with the recoil no wires hooked up.  See if you get voltage on the red wire. To kill engine ground the green wire that will go to the M terminal on your switch

You could reuse your old starter switch if it still works....Hook the red wire from the motor to the + terminal on the battery.  The green kill wire to the M terminal on your old switch as well as the two heavy wires one from battery one to starter

Capture.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1