Ken Burton

Assembling shifting controls

Ken Burton

Good day to all,

I have a 1975 wheel horse I have it running stars great now. But the linkage and the parts that control the forward and reverse on the hydraulic pump. 

When I brought it all the pieces were in a basket I have no idea how to reassemble. I have no idea how to connect linkage to the pump and to the linkage. I definitely would appreciate any help in this matter. My wheel horse will be my main snow removal and we have snow now.

I would appreciate your help

thanks Ken

pfrederi

1975 could be anything from a rear enginie rider to a d200.  what model are we talking about here

Ken Burton

Hi, Thanks for your help.it's a original D 200 with a 19 horse: motor. That's in the front it also has a hydraulic drive system. I appreciate any help

model number is 1-0631

serial number is 842503

Model number 1-0731

serial number 842503

Edited by Ken Burton
Added more information

pfrederi

gwest_ca

The 1-0631 model number is a 1975 but the 842503 serial  number does not look correct for 1975.

This manual may have clearer illustrations. The trans linkage is in part 1.

This service manual may help also

Garry

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Ken Burton :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: and :wwp: !!

"D"- Man

I have a D-200 in my drive that I took some pics of this morning.  I removed the side covers to get some straight on views, hope this helps, Mark.

You can click on images to enlarge.IMG_20170204_094605658.jpgIMG_20170204_095306.jpgIMG_20170204_092814492.jpgIMG_20170204_092824429.jpgIMG_20170204_092820283.jpgIMG_20170204_092827592.jpgIMG_20170202_163001807.jpg

Edited by "D"- Man

Ken Burton

Hi, Thanks for your help.it's a original D 200 with a 19 horse: motor. That's in the front it also has a hydraulic drive system. I appreciate any help

hi Mark, I got it all together but I have no spark going to the plugs. Double check the wire diagram everything's good. It turns over but does not start. There's an in-line fuse which is good also but that's for the lights. The relay on left-hand side could that be the problem. 

Thanks Ken

• Like 1

pfrederi

Do you have 12volts at the + terminal of the coil with the switch in run???.  Once we determine that we can start to isolate where you problem may be

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

"D"- Man

Ken, no I do not think, "The relay on left-hand side" could be the problem, if by "relay" you are referring to the solenoid {part # 8658} as this only serves to switch current to the starter motor and feed B+ current back to the key switch in the run position.  As Paul has stated, checking the voltage at the  + terminal of the coil for 12 volts D.C. (with respect to ground) would be the best place to begin troubleshooting.  If you have 12 volts D.C. at the  + terminal of the coil, then the next thing I would recommend would be to disconnect the wires from the coil and check the resistance of the coil itself.  

Ken Burton

hi Mark, I got it all together but I have no spark going to the plugs. Double check the wire diagram everything's good. It turns over but does not start. There's an in-line fuse which is good also but that's for the lights. The relay on left-hand side could that be the problem. 

Thanks Ken

Thanks for all the support gentlemen. I'm going to spend the day with her today. I will let you know in the next day or two how I made out.Thanks Ken

Ken Burton

On the side of the  hydraulic pump there's a screw to put her in neutral so I can move it. I would like to know if she has  to be running before it will go into  neutral so I can move it to the insulated part of the shop. If you gentlemen know any other way to get the old girl to move I would appreciate it. 

Ken

pfrederi

Does not have to be running.  Turn the valve counter clockwise a full turn.  Make sure the parking brake is off and you can push her...it isn't an easy push she is heavy

IMG_3358.JPG

Ken Burton

Good morning gentlemen, I found the ignition switch was burnt it must've been a short at one time. Then I started looking at the wires A little more closely. After taking a lot of black tape off some of the wires are definitely burnt. I also found some wires starting off yellow and  then a  slice where the wire is blue obviously someone tried to re-wire or wireless. So I think some of the wires may not be going to the right location. I picked up a good voltmeter this morning. Wish me good luck I will definitely let you know how I made out thanks for your support.

Ken 

PS.. It's a good thing I'm retired....lol....

• Like 1

Ken Burton

Hello Gentlemen. I thought let you know where am I. I change the points and condenser check the coil for spark still have none. Think it has something to do with the wiring. If anyone has a Laymans diagram of the wiring it would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to find the diagram in the manual. But I am far from electrician. Thanks Ken

pfrederi

With the key on do you have 12v at the small + terminal on the coil?  If not try running a jumper wire from the battery + to the coil and crank should have spark. (Do not leave the jumper in place for a long time..)

If you get spark with the jumper none without it work your way back along the black wire. Towards the ignition switch

wire.JPG

Edited by pfrederi

Ken Burton

Thanks Pfrederi, I got her running I needed that wire diagram that you send me thanks for your support. It was the amp gauge that was bad and two wires that were wrong. The next challenge is to see if she will go forward and reverse I found out the rear end was changed before I got her. I had a mechanic look inside the pump he change a few gasket and said it was good. but so far everything that was done before I got her was mess-up.  

Thanks Again for your help...Ken

If it will not got forward do you have any ideas of why

• Like 1

pfrederi

You need to download and study the Sundstrand Hydro Manual here.

It has an good diagnostic section . 

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/24-transmission-hydro-sundstrand-sm-492-4206pdf/

Make sure the tow valve is closed tightly .  Does it try to move in either direction or does it just sit...

"D"- Man

Have you tried the mid or rear lift to see if it works?

Ken Burton
On February 24, 2017 at 8:34 AM, pfrederi said:

With the key on do you have 12v at the small + terminal on the coil?  If not try running a jumper wire from the battery + to the coil and crank should have spark. (Do not leave the jumper in place for a long time..)

If you get spark with the jumper none without it work your way back along the black wire. Towards the ignition switch

wire.JPG

Thanks pfrederi, i'm sure the manual will help me out. The weather turned cold so it will probably be a while before we talk to you. The old girl will not go forward or reverse stopping me from putting her in insulated side of the garage..

Thanks Again Ken

Hello "D" Man,  I will try to hydraulics and I do understand what you're saying. If the hydraulics work it may illuminate some of my problem. 

Thanks Ken