gwest_ca

Was the 420-LSE a 1986 or 1987 model?

gwest_ca

Toro thinks it was 1986.

Garry

• Like 2

T-Mo

Sales bulletin number is 052086, which probably translates to May 20, 1986, which would be for the 1986 model year.  A 1987 brochure would have a later 1986 or an early 1987 date on it.  That sales bulletin is for 1986 in my opinion.

• Like 1

JeanUKWildcat

From looking it up on the Tractor Blue Book they built them in 1986 and 1987. The brochures usually come out before the product does to get people interested in it. In my opinion a brochure from 1986 would be advertising the new 1987 Tractor. 

520HC

My wheelhorse fiche shows 86

stratostar250

I heard that they were made in 1986.  Maybe they were continually advertised/sold through 1987 because of that 8,000 dollar price tag. But that's just my :twocents-twocents:. 31-20KE01 seems to be the only serial number for them though, which would mean one year only.  

pgiro

I have one of the original brochures for the 420 LSE tucked away in a binder.

WildHorses

My understanding is that the were produced in 1986 and as a sales award for dealers who would order more than a certain number of tractors, I'm thinking it was 50.  So (i.e.) if you ordered 50 tractors for the 1987 season in the winter of 86-87 then you were eligible to order a 420-LSE if you wanted to have an $8,000 tractor in inventory. My guess would be they were all produced in 1986 but likely no one took delivery until early 87. 

Edited by WildHorses

c-series don

They were definitely out in 86 I can remember them in the showroom at Rolle Bros., Riverhead,L.I.,NY I spoke to the last of the Rolle brothers about 8 years ago and he told me that they sold at least four of them. I should have picked his brain a little more as far as our beloved tractors go. I remember buying my Work Horse GT-1800 in 84 and 2 years later out came the LSE. I can also remember thinking, I can't afford that!!! 

• Like 2