Blasterdad

Blasterdad's Horses

DougC

Blaster, that Austin in your pictures is waaaaaayyyy nicer than the one I used to have, The only similarities are mine was also red and a convertible , with soft and hard tops.

Hardtop in winter and still froze my arse off.

I was in my 20's and it was the only car I owned at the time..... :lol:

Blasterdad

"Popped the lid" on the C81 tonight after work, I knew it had been rebuilt at some point but was not sure to what extent.

I found a .020 over piston that I can wiggle in the bore, (seen worse) & the cylinder doesn't "look" to bad...(no big scratches or burnt spots).

She had started to knock pretty good all of a sudden, so I shut her down & "retired" her until I had the time to "investigate".

Can feel something not right with my fingers on top of the valves while turning it over, will tear her down further tomorrow night after I get some parts containers.

Fingers crossed she is still rebuildable, but like the saying goes, you cant tell what's in the pickle barrel until you get the lid off'en it.;)

Oh the suspense is killing me!:laughing-rofl:

011817 003.JPG

011817 004.JPG

Edited by Blasterdad
  • Like 2

Blasterdad

Finally got enough snow to try out my new/used plow tonight, it warmed up to about 30 today, so about 4/5 inches of good packing snow.

The ol' C-141 pushed a full blade, (+ the snow pack about 4' in front of it) down the whole drive way on the first pass & never spun a tire.

Moved some pretty big piles I built up with no problem also.

The snowblower does a cleaner job, but the plow is way more fun.:D(& easier to lift):banana-dance:

whplow 001.JPG

whplow 002.JPG

whplow 003.JPG

• Like 3

TDF5G

Pushing snow with a :wh: is fun.  It's my favorite winter activity.  If we'd only get some snow to push now.  (KC MO area)

• Like 2

WHX??
14 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

but the plow is way more fun.:D(& easier to lift):banana-dance:

Look for a hydro for your next horse Blaster.... Fun is having one of those with a pedal kit and not having to have the left arm of the Hulk! :banana-linedance:

• Like 1

T-Mo
51 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

Pushing snow with a :wh: is fun.  It's my favorite winter activity.  If we'd only get some snow to push now.  (KC MO area)

Aren't the weather forecasters calling for some snow in your area this weekend?  I think I saw on our local forecast that areas to the north and west of the St. Louis area may see some snow Saturday.

• Like 1

Blasterdad
8 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Look for a hydro for your next horse Blaster.... Fun is having one of those with a pedal kit and not having to have the left arm of the Hulk! :banana-linedance:

:text-yeahthat: 

Compared to the snowblower, the plow isn't even there, (about pulled the lift lever off the tractor a couple of times because I'm so used to the snowblower,lol).

I will add a hydro to the stable someday...Just have to wait till I can play the ol' "I'm getting too old to lift that thing honey" card. :roll:

I'll be 52 Friday, but I build houses for a living, so SIWMBO wont buy it yet. :laughing-rofl:

Oh well, I'll give it a shot when I'm 62, might work then....:D

P.S.

SIWMBO stands for "she indoors who must be obeyed" in case you're wondering. ;)

• Like 2

WHX??

Walk around with a limp or sagging shouder for a couple days guy.... that don't work buy her a shovel & a pair of non waterproof boots :wwp:

• Like 1

Blasterdad
2 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

Walk around with a limp or sagging shouder for a couple days guy.... that don't work buy her a shovel & a pair of non waterproof boots :wwp:

Unfortunately that won't work, a gable blew over on top of me a couple of weeks ago, knocked me off a second story roof we were building.

Fell onto a partial porch roof about 12 feet down, bruised some ribs pretty good, but still finished building it in a snowstorm!

I'm pretty tough, she wouldn't buy it for a second. :ROTF:

furnace whorse 009.JPG

• Like 4

TDF5G
23 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Aren't the weather forecasters calling for some snow in your area this weekend?  I think I saw on our local forecast that areas to the north and west of the St. Louis area may see some snow Saturday.

They were talking snow for the weekend but the current forecast is precipitation Sunday or Monday with warmer temps.  No snow.:(

• Like 1

T-Mo
12 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

They were talking snow for the weekend but the current forecast is precipitation Sunday or Monday with warmer temps.  No snow.:(

I know they're talking severe thunderstorms for Tuesday for my area.

• Like 1

Blasterdad

My birthday present to me yesterday was come home from work & do normal routine...

1. Bring in lunch pail.

2. Let out ecstacic Black Lab for sniff'n, RUN, Sniff more, go potty, fetch stick, tug of war, go inside & get treats.

3. Fill demanding cat's water dish, (don't forget the ice cubes or you will get the business).

4. Open mail, pay bills & other fun Friday stuff...

Okay, chores done, time to fire up the shop & start taking apart the C-81:banana-dance:

Here is how she looks after a few hours, birthday beers & loud heavy metal. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Bonus pics of my present to me also...

teardown 008.JPG

teardown 011.JPG

teardown 010.JPG

teardown 012.JPG

teardown 013.JPG

• Like 1

Sarge

I've always wondered if anyone else listens to Alice in Chains while working in the shop...it's a motivator for sure but not really intended for fine work - more the sledge hammer variety or heavy welding work .

Sarge

• Like 2

Blasterdad
22 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I've always wondered if anyone else listens to Alice in Chains while working in the shop...it's a motivator for sure but not really intended for fine work - more the sledge hammer variety or heavy welding work .

Sarge

I'm more oldschool, Ozzy, Judas Priest, (British Steel), Wasp, Blue Oyster Cult, Fastway, Corrosion of conformity, Ugly Kid Joe, Black Label Society, & some ZZ Top thrown in for my hard Texas blues fix...;) 

220px-Judas_Priest_British_Steel.jpg

Sarge

Those all work for me as well quite often , along with some Hendrix thrown in for those times I just need to go "there"....much to the irritation of the missus . Old school hard rock/metal has no honest replacement .

Alice just gives me that sadistic dark mode for welding , along with some STP , Soundgarden , Godsmack and lately - Shinedown . The 90's stuff just struck a chord for whatever reason....

If you like ZZ Top , or general Texas blues - gotta check out Joe Bonamassa , wow is that guy talented like Stevie Ray and then some..

Sarge

• Like 1

Blasterdad
8 hours ago, Sarge said:

Those all work for me as well quite often , along with some Hendrix thrown in for those times I just need to go "there"....much to the irritation of the missus . Old school hard rock/metal has no honest replacement .

Alice just gives me that sadistic dark mode for welding , along with some STP , Soundgarden , Godsmack and lately - Shinedown . The 90's stuff just struck a chord for whatever reason....

If you like ZZ Top , or general Texas blues - gotta check out Joe Bonamassa , wow is that guy talented like Stevie Ray and then some..

Sarge

Yep, well said, If it rocks it gets cranked up in the shop, Godsmack was on the playlist Friday night too...(love,hate,***,pain).:music-rockout: 

Blasterdad

Pulled the drive pulley on the C-81 tonight, used the same puller I used on the flywheel, bought 2 grade eight 3 1/2" 1/4 20 bolts & used a ratchet handle to hold it in place.

Slowly hit it with the 1/2" impact, worked great!

She's ready to come out of the tractor now. :banana-dance:

bday 006.JPG

bday 013.JPG

bday 016.JPG

• Like 1

Blasterdad

Had the day off so I drove down to Elkhart & bought another C-81. :banana-dance:

Even had time to stop & get the Mrs. flowers. :ROTF:

New C-81 006.JPG

New C-81 007.JPG

New C-81 009.JPG

New C-81 010.JPG

New C-81 011.JPG

New C-81 012.JPG

• Like 4

jay bee

Don't want to give you too many days off...you'll fill the workshop up in a hurry!!!

9 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Even had time to stop & get the Mrs. flowers. :ROTF:

At my house we're just down to those three little words..............HEART SHAPED PIZZA:roll:

Jim

• Like 1

Blasterdad
8 hours ago, jay bee said:

Don't want to give you too many days off...you'll fill the workshop up in a hurry!!!

At my house we're just down to those three little words..............HEART SHAPED PIZZA:roll:

Jim

Agreed, Idle hands are the Devil's playground! :angry-devil: :-D

Our three little words are usually "you bought what"... or "what'd you do"...:ROTF:

Edited by Blasterdad
  • Like 2

Blasterdad

No work again today so I spent the day working on the new C-81.

New battery, all new fuel lines & filter, cleaned carb, new air filter, new PTO pin, changed oil, rewired voltage regulator, this that & the other thing & went for a ride...:banana-dance:

She runs like brand new now, starts first crank-no choke.

Until I get with jay bee she will get the Nelson muffler from the C-81 I have torn down put on her tomorrow.

(Bonus pic of the progress mess)

valentines day 002.JPG

valentines day 001.JPG

• Like 1

jay bee
7 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

went for a ride...:banana-dance:

We like rides.  Sounds like you had a very productive day.  Looking back on your pics, is that lucky PowerBall ticket in the "wheel puller photo" what prompted this acquisition???

Jim

Blasterdad

No such luck, I think that's been laying there for a year or so, gotta have a little "clutter" lying around to prove to the Mrs.& kids I'm not overly anal...:ROTF:

jay bee
3 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

I'm not overly anal

My wife, kids and friends have said that about me for yearrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!!  Now I notice the same thing in my son.  Must be something in the genes.  I certainly hope so.:laughing-rofl: 

Blasterdad

Free to good home. :P

58a514e2b0e46_Exhaust005.thumb.JPG.d1a43603306cedb3eb93b76471e334d8.JPG

Got rid of the showerhead tonight, She's OEM now! Much better!!! :banana-dance:58a516335e994_Exhaust001.thumb.JPG.45909827d32d9e985f8dea3c62494c23.JPG58a51667ebdb0_Exhaust002.thumb.JPG.21d15ad43f6acb4b42f723989cba70d5.JPG58a5169d8eb59_Exhaust003.thumb.JPG.f45f28cbde11e5a998e03309a9d090a6.JPG58a516d4269ea_Exhaust004.thumb.JPG.ed1c2205c989e1c46a7d935f18e5e1bd.JPG

• Like 2