Thegearhead0324

1257.... finally ready for the white stuff

AMC RULES

:clap:  Nicely modified :wh:...     

mind if we see the whole tractor? 

• Like 1

T-Mo

Nice.  Show us more of the "spring assist".

• Like 1

vmen84

heck ya your ready to go boy thats a nice tractor

• Like 1

elliot ness

Sweet tractor.:text-bravo:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Mind if I ask you...  :scratchead:

what brand, color red did you use on it? 

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324

Absolutely.... sunrise red I believe it's called made by rustoleum. 

My Dad moved and I took over most of the big stuff back in April. He redid the entire thing, but was in pieces when I helped him move. So after the move put the hood, seat, battery, lights, belts, etc on it and tightened everything that he didn't finish. It was just tractor and nothing else.

I did research around May I fell in love with it. They made a dozer blade setup that I wanted really bad. So I traveled for the setup bout 150 miles away for 100 bucks. It was bent, sappy from pine trees, rusty, missing hardware. Less than I month I had the plow assembly all painted and put on with new hardware. 

That's basically the story of her... Dad got it from a friend who he did favors for and in return got the horse. I actually helped get it with him back in 2009 I believe.

• Like 2

vmen84

how long did it take to be completely redone?

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324

Hmm... hard to say.. my Dad did it around his schedule for a few years on and off. Then I took over it this past year... I'd say about 3 years for the redo total.

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Great idea for the spring assist.WH ever make  one??? Nice tractor.Heard you guys got a little snow today.......My sister and brother in law live in Little Falls.

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324

I'm no expert on the history of these lovely machines.... but I think they made them for the snowblower attachment. I don't believe that wheel horse made a spring assist for the dozer blade. Again I could be wrong. It's just the other day I was in the shed and sat on it, fired it up and lifted the blade up. Few minutes went by and figured one on each side diagonal would be enough help without breaking my arm lol.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Thegear-head0324  Nice job on the set up. I have had two 1257`s there are great tractors, plenty of power. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thegearhead0324

Thank you yea I love the ol girl. I'm just waiting for that one big storm that instead of using the snowblower I have, I wanna take out the horse and play.