T-Mo

B-100 Automatic Find

woodchuckfarmer

A new hood and seat pan would make a world of difference .

T-Mo
18 hours ago, woodchuckfarmer said:

A new hood and seat pan would make a world of difference .

And the correct steering wheel.

Yesterday, when I was out in the garage messing with the front blade stuff, I put the jump box on the B and it did crank, somewhat.  It was dragging a bit, but that may have been a poor connection with the jump box and the battery.  I'll mess with it more later, maybe this weekend.

T-Mo

This got put on the back burner (in the corner of the garage) since the last post, which was January 3.  I bought new points and condenser, a new fuel valve and bushing for the fuel tank, and then it sat.  Well, after months of it being ignored, I got it to finally fired, set the points, and now she runs, and quite well I may add.  I put a new fuel line and fuel filter and added an inline fuel shut off.  It now starts, runs and drives.  Still needs a seat and a muffler, but it will move on it's own accord, which is quite accomplishment.

• Like 1

SPINJIM

The B-100A had an early Sunstrand automatic that was a 'piston-to-piston' pump.  I read somewhere that it was more durable than some other Sunstrands.   I recently sold my B100A to make some room in my barn, and I sort of regret having to sell it.   You might have to replace a gasket or O-ring seal on the pump, but if you keep the automatic oil clean, it should be almost indestructible.    The B-80s and the B-100s were good little tractors.   And the K301 is bullet proof.   Good luck with it.

Jim

slammer302

I have a muffler from a Kohler kt17 you may be able to make it work. It looks similar to the factory muffler on a c series

IMG_20170531_155922429.jpg

• Like 1

MalMac

Just looks to me like a tractor with a heck of a lot of personality. It was obviously a worker and that's what they were made for.

T-Mo

I had noticed a big leak from the transmission, but I found out why.  The previous owner un-screwed the tow valve too far and it was leaking from there.  When I screwed it back in, no leak.  It clearly says to open the valve only one full turn, he opened it up all the way out allowing it to leak.

When I first got it moving, the motion control lever was stiff and I couldn't get it to stop unless I hit the brakes or turn off the key, but after playing with the lever it is now free and it goes into reverse and as well as forward.  But it was an odd ride without a seat and the steering wheel so high (due to there being no seat).  It needs the seat as well as the seat springs to raise it up to the correct height for the steering wheel.

ClassicTractorProfessor

Glad to hear you got her going Terry...find a seat for her and she should make you a good worker