Sign in to follow this  
oldiron

C160 automatic

oldiron

Hi folks. First time here. C160 automatic

After many years of dependable service, one of the two wheel horses let me down. after 5 inches of snow last night I started the horse with the snowblower attached and found the hydro lift will not operate. It does nothing at all. The tractor will go front and back OK. Is there anyone that knows what the culprit is?

:thumbs:

Thanks in advance

kpinnc

If it's not leaking, it could simply be an O-ring failure in the cylinder. that would allow fluid to bypass right back into the return line.

Otherwise, there is a fairly thorough but simple procedure in the Sundstrand (Auto Transmission) manual for troubleshooting.

Good luck!

Kevin

.5racer

Could it be possible it is hooked up wrong or come aprt at the lift ? possibly unhooked from vibration. Have had cotter pins come out and links fall off on me before .Even have forgot toput the da#m pin in and come apart later during plowing.

Teddy da Bear

:thumbs:

Keep us posted if the guy's advice was helpful

and you got it fixed. :whistle:

Buzz

Here's a direct link to the manual if you need it. I like the idea of starting with the simple stuff and looking to see if the linkages somehow came unhooked. Good luck.

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/filechek.c...=Toro&PubType=9

oldiron

Well I was looking for the problem and thought it might be in the implement valve so I gently tapped the housing with a hammer and the lift started working again. I don't know if there is dirt or moisture in the oil. The weather was below freezing for a few weeks during the time the lift was dead but it is now warmer so moisture in the oil is suspected. I will do a full oil and filter change and hope the problem does not return. Thanks for the sugestions.

Sparky

Gotta love a story with a happy ending. Glad to hear you got it working and I'm sure someone on here will be "gently tapping" their valve. Good info :thumbs: , I would have never suspected that.

Mike........

Operator

Back in my commercial plowing days we would add "Heet" to our out front plow pumps because of moisture freezing them. It worked, but I wouldn't suggest that for hydros on tractors. :thumbs:

Randy