Kavint76

Old Gem Found..Need Info about it

Kavint76

Thanks

Thanks I think switch is bad I got 12 volts on the b terminal n only 7 comes out when I turn it over plus the I side has no current in any position  I found a switch under the seat but the I terminal is loose so that one is bad to correct. N I remove tank while working on it sarge thanks for looking out though 

9 minutes ago, Kavint76 said:

Thanks

Thanks I think switch is bad I got 12 volts on the b terminal n only 7 comes out when I turn it over plus the I side has no current in any position  I found a switch under the seat but the I terminal is loose so that one is bad to correct. N I remove tank while working on it sarge thanks for looking out though 

• Like 1

Kavint76

moe1965

I got hooked last year with my first horse 35 bucks at an auction learned a lot and got good help and advise from lots of people on the sight.    Thanks all.  Before and after pictures  took most of last winter to complete.

20160122_151752.jpg

20160618_152911.jpg

• Like 1

Sarge

There is a contact cleaner called DeOxit - the 5% solution spray cans are worth the money and will clean contacts far better than anything else out there - I'd try it as those old switches are NLA and pretty rare to find a good used one . You could just use a more standard modern switch with a relay to handle the current load for the starter and accessories .

Sarge