welderman85

Hydro flush/refill help

welderman85

Hello all I'm getting ready for a big snow storm so I figured I would change the fluid in my 314 h what I drained out is red so I figured it's ATF but I think it needs 10w-30 what's my next move. Thanks 

BOB ELLISON

I would refill with atf .To try to change it over to 10w30 is not a easy job. And not necessarily any better.  I have 2 C160's  and one is 10w30 the other is atf both work the same. Do a search for changing from atf to 10w30 and you will see most will say keep it atf. Just my :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

953 nut

I have stayed with ATF, but if you want to change to 10 W 30 I would suggest you get a couple of NAPA 1410 filters and a gallon of low cost 10 W 30 and a gallon of good quality 10 w 30. Change the filter, put in the low cost oil, drive it around (forward and backward) until it warms up, raise and lower the lift a few times. Drain the oil, change the filter and put in the good stuff. The little bit of remaining ATF shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Use a good quality synthetic ATF or 10w30 which ever way you go.  Synthetic's are great in applications where heating can be a concern.

BESTDOGEVER

The biggest difference between the two is the atf has a lot of detergent additives in it. It is primarily a lubricant just like the regular oil and has been used as hydraulic fluid for many applications. Automatic transmissions are operated by hydraulic pumps much the same as our tractors just smaller and more complex 

• Like 2