Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

2 horses are better than one

WheelHorse_of_course

:omg: Sorry, no pictures :hide:

This is the first year I have had 2 working horses. There is a lot to the theory of having a horse for every attachment :D or at least more than one.

Up until yesterday we've only had drips and drabs of snow, so I have no problem whatsoever with the 854 despite not having chains for it.

Last evening we had about 3-4 inches of medium weight snow and I did my round, going 1 block in each direction from my home on the corner.

When I got back I decided I should but the blower back on the Charger (I had pulled it off to chop up some leaves I cleaned up on a very warm weekend a couple f weeks back).

I couple of time recently where we have had slushy snow/rain with dropping temperatures I have plowed several new areas including a long windy path through the park across the way.

Since I had not done the extended route, I decided to to try the blower for the first time last night. Worked like a charm.

By this morning we had 7 inches total with last nights work covered by at least 4 inches. Despite the fact there was no much wind I decided to try plowing vs using the blower. By making 2 passes, one with the blade up an one with it down I got almost all of the normal route done this morning (there was one section where I could not complete the down pass.

A couple of hours later we had another 2 inches and the snow had stopped. SO I headed out with the blower. Once I touched up the regular route I headed over to the neighbor's where I was unable to climb the driveway on the 854. Then out into the park and other areas that had not been cleared this morning - about 8 inches of snow.

Pretty impressive, though there were some area where the engine bogged down a bit and I had to slow down. :hide: Also, at the mounds along the road where the snow had been salted I notice it tended to clog.

I wanted to try the blower without chains. I will be putting the chains on now as they would have made it easier. And I can ever find a pair cheap chins would be nice for the 854 too.

Happy SNOW to all. :banana: :omg:

JimD

hey woc, sounds like you got to have some fun!

mdntspec

i keep both my horses ready for snow.....

1968 Charger 9 with snow blower and/or grader blade

(Dad bought it new in 1968, still earning it's keep with me!)

314-8 with snow blade for windy days and clean-up

sorekiwi

Hey Rolf, 3 horses is even better than 2, and....

Duff

Hi, mdntspec, and :whistle: ! Just saw your join date as I was reading this thread.

Glad you found us and glad to have you among us!

...and remember, :whistle: !

Duff :thumbs:

Coadster32

I was plowing with my Suburban 551 untill I got my Charger12. I took the 6-12 AG's with 55lb each weights off of the Suburban, and put them on the Charger. No chains or nothing, and it plows awesome!! The Suburban had to have the fenders removed to fit the Charger tires on. It looks pretty awesome, and it lots of fun in the snow! :thumbs: Two is definatly better than one. Once I get the restored 551 finished, three will be better than two. :banana:

Brrly1

:thumbs: :whistle: Burly