the_nite_owl

211-5 drive belt falling off

the_nite_owl

Hi all,

I have a 211-5 that keeps dropping the drive belt off the transmission pulley.

The belt does not appear worn or stretched.  The brake is not working at all and when if the clutch is not held down firm the tractor inches forward.

Obviously some adjustment is needed and once I adjust for the brakes there may be less slack in the belt but this one is new to me and I wanted to find out if there are supposed to be any type of belt stops by the transmission pulley or if there are any tricks for getting these working correctly.  My health has been bad lately and I do not want to have to get under the tractor any more than necessary.

The two belt stops are in place welded by the engine pulley and the belt stop on the tensioner looks good also.  The parts diagrams I have looked at do not show any belt stops in the back of the tractor but the way they have the sections broken down I  could have missed it.

Thanks.
Trent

Sparky

First thing you should do is see if we have a manual for your tractor in the Manuals section. 

I suspect you have missing or busted or stretched out tension spring issue.....just a guess of course.

Mike.....

Don1977

There are two belt guides one on each side of the pulley they should be with in 1/8" of the pulley.