SylvanLakeWH

Hour Meter Suggestions?

SylvanLakeWH

Hi All,

I just had my C-105's 10 HP Kohler rebuilt (K241AS) and I wish to add an hour meter so I can accurately clock time on the rebuild.

Searching reveals numerous options - Digital, Analog, expensive, cheap etc...

I am just interested in reasonable price, accuracy and durability. Do not care about matching gauges etc. She's a worker and will stay that way until my yet to be born Grandkids get it bequeathed to them in 30 + years...:)

Recommendations welcome, including source(s)

Pic of dash for reference...

IMG_0931.JPG

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Thanks!

Jeff R.

I just replaced a non functioning hour meter on a C-160 a few weeks ago with an analog meter from amazon for less than 15 bucks.  It only has one hour on it, so I sure can not tell you how durable it is.  If you go the amazon route, do your research to determine where the seller is located.  Mine was shipped from China and it took about two weeks to get to me.  

Here is a link to what I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/TMS-Quartz-Tractor-Generator-12-24-48/dp/B0049I6TJA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477156744&sr=8-2&keywords=Hour+meter

Edited by Jeff R.

shallowwatersailor

Here is an alternative to the Tiny Tach brand. The battery on this hour meter has a 15+ life and should fit the round hole on the dash. Ironic that this company is in the Chicago area like Tiny Tach.

http://catalog.enmco.com/viewitems/enm-counting-instruments-lcd-hour-meter/uments-lcd-hour-meters-tb45-self-powered-lcd-timer?_ga=1.89898328.215565317.1477157023

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

THANK YOU for the suggestions!