Dball

Info on snow blower

Dball

I have a 520h and about to purchase a snow blower single stage I do believe so but does the snow blower hook to the hydrolic lift or anything like that?or is it just stay down and no way to lift the blower up is their anything to look out for buying a snow blower thank you all for any help on this matter.

Dball

The blower model number is 6 6212 7 is it compatible with my hydrolic  520h but no place on the bracket  do I see where my hydrolic lift will hook in to raise and lower 

stevasaurus

Here is how it works.  This should be very similar to what you are looking at.  There is a tube from the bottom of the blower that has what is called a "flag" that goes in the end of the tube and hooks into the lift mechanism on your horse.

2013_1007LIFTBLOWERSNOW0001.JPG

2013_1007LIFTBLOWERSNOW0002.JPG

The flag.

2013_1007LIFTBLOWERSNOW0003.JPG

Blurred picture, but I think you can see what is going on.

2013_1007LIFTBLOWERSNOW0006.JPG

You can see the lift tube hooked up in this picture.

2010_1113snowblower0007.JPG

This blower also has a guide pulley that attaches to the frame.  You blower may have this pulley as part of the blower itself.  Depends on how new it is.  Follow the belt to see this.

2010_1113snowblower0005.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

The blower can hook to your implement lift that is run by the hydro system .  You need to make sure that it comes with a lift rod and a "flag" The lift rod is like a pieces of pipe flattened on one end that is about 4 ft long  the "Flag is a 1 ft lon 3/4" steel rod witha flange (flag welded on one end)  Look in the manula section here for your unit.

stevasaurus

After doing a little looking in the "manual" section, I don't think that 6-6212 snow thrower will fit your 520H.  Check out this link...it is the attachment list of equipment that goes with all of the tractors.  It looks like you should be looking for a snow thrower with numbers like 06-42ST05.  The 42 is 42" Snow Thrower 05.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

gwest_ca

The 6-6212 requires this completing package to install on a tractor with the front quick hitch (1973 and later models)

Garry

Dball

So this will not work on my 91 520 h 

WHX??

Not without a lot of frogging around I think... the good news is there should be single stagers  that will hook right up in your area. Keep an eye on the classifieds here and maybe put an ad in wanted... ya never know. Also the usual sites ...CL...EBay.  When looking make sure all the parts mentioned above come with it.  For a 520 you WILL need the front tach a matic, mid mount for the idler pulley,  lift tube, flag & lift assist spring.

Here is a manual for a real common 42inch model... study it for what you will need..

Edited by WHX8