T-Mo

Onan Intake Seal Replacement Instructions

I pulled this off of WFM, and it should apply for all two cylinder Onans.  I redid mine on my '88 John Deere 316 and it sealed up the intake and stop the engine from surging.  If you're having an issue with an Onan surging and you cleaned and cleaned the carb, I suggest you check the intake seal.

This may read a bit funny, but I edited out some posts that weren't relevant and only tried to capture the ones that were relevant.  Still, I might have missed some posts that were not relevant and they gotten captured also.

318 Intake.pdf

• Like 1

While the pics are nice and it's well detailed the guy who did it must have been in the boys room smoking during English class.:rolleyes:

Let's not try and criticized others grammar and spelling, etc.  We all have different levels of education, plus different levels on how we grasp things.  I can point out that your sentence is missing some punctuation, and reads as a run on sentence, but as I said, we have different levels of how well we write, as well as we talk.

BTW, the guy who wrote this passed away a few months ago of cancer.  He knew his mechanical stuff to a degree.

• Like 1

Seeing the French language newspaper in the background of one of the pics, I am guessing English was not his native tongue. It is said that English is one of the hardest languages to learn.

• Like 2

Hi nice revue you did hope it  will help for me my question is how to check if the surging problem is really the intake seal my engine surging up and down went is at warm temperature .

my engine is Onan P216G 1/10538B

Serial 1873267044

sorry for my English spelling i am French form North of Montreal in the laurentides

thank to help me  

Edited by ti-jean
add more

If I understand you correctly you are looking for a way to check and see if the intake manifold is really leaking?  I would put some thick grease on my finger and run it along the part line. If the engine smooth's up and the idle speed changes I would say that's the leak. If nothing happens its time to look elsewhere. 

Very Nice Package of  important information!  Thank you!

Onan's can have multiple minor gremlins which can be frustrating, but most often once they are found, the engines perform flawlessly.  

Thank you again!

Outback65