Sign in to follow this  
clemet

65-42ms01 blades

clemet

I am trying to figure out which blades I need for my 73 12 Auto with a 65-42ms01 deck.  I look up the parts list and it lists blades for a 48" deck....  The blades that are on it are shot (previous owner had a rock driveway and seemed to mow over it), and I am trying to get a couple new sets of blades.  Right now the blades have a round center hole and are 13 7/8" long.   Not sure if they are the right ones though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gwest_ca

Many online parts lists are shared by similar models so the parts list you are looking at may show another part number for the same item number but fails to say what deck uses what blade.

This page has had the blade set added to it but the originals are no longer available. This deck originally had spindles that required a 5/8" x 3/4" double-D hole so either the wrong blades had be added or the spindle assemblies have been changed to use a blade with a 3/4" center hole - the most recent design.

A blade with a 3/4" hole will go on but do not know if the retaining bolt can be tightened enough to drive the blade. 

Hopefully others will chime in with possible solutions.

Here is a later deck that uses blades with a 3/4" center hole

Garry

clemet

Thanks for the help.  I finally got the ID tag cleaned up better and it looks like its actually a 05-42MS01.  Which would make sense with the blades having a round hole.

Edited by clemet