WNYPCRepair

Interesting Front end loader idea

82Caddy

Loader-Lead-Image%20jpg.jpg?h=377&la=en&

• Like 2

mmmmmdonuts

Interesting. I would just worry about tipping over and frame stressing since it just hangs off the front end. By being able to lift it 54" high I think quite a bit of problems could happen with very little weight at all due to center of gravity.

953 nut

Any garden tractor with a heavy load in a bucket lifted high is unstable;  I have loaded tires, 130 pounds of wheel weights and a 200 pound weight box for a Johnson Workhorse FEL on my GT-14 and you don't want to turn it or be on a side hill with the loaded bucket more than a few inches off the ground. :angry-soapbox:

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

Yes, I agree, it would be rough on the tractor, and unstable if very high, but if you used it more like a Johnny Bucket until you needed to dump, it is a good idea. I think I would still make a subframe to spread the load back to the rear axles.

• Like 3

Forest Road

Don't see how that could ever have enough balast to keep the rear tires on the ground 

• Like 1

rexman72

i think those are going for 1700 which counts me out.

WNYPCRepair
On September 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Forest Road said:

Don't see how that could ever have enough balast to keep the rear tires on the ground 

I agree. Putting the mount in front of the front axle just makes it a see saw. After looking closer at it, it really doesn't make sense. It's an interesting concept, but you really aren't saving much steel. I also wonder if the reservoir is in the uprights.   Just read it again, uses onboard hydraulics.

Edited by WNYPCRepair