Bigfish

Wife, step son and 520 going to catch pokemon.

Bigfish

20160723_172325.jpg

• Like 9

rmaynard

I was driving the grandkids around in a wagon behind the 416-H yesterday. We captured at least 5 Pokémon just in my back woods alone. I don't get the attraction of it, but the kids love it. 

• Like 5

Bigfish

I work in IT and its lost on me as well. The internet is the biggest waste of time and youth there is. None of them have an attention span past 30 seconds. Thanks Al Gore. Lol.. jk. Its DARPA. 

• Like 8

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

yep. my boys got the pokeman thing going to, and they are 14 and 15. lol

Glenn

squonk

We had a guy plow his car into a tree playing it when driving, 2 guys fell of a cliff and a teenager walked in a street sign in front of my house! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Bigfish

I dont know about you guys. Im 39 and the internet is baned in my house. They get an internet treat every now and then but unless its school or im alowing it, its not happening. The reason kids are the way they are is the internet. Dont get me wrong I make my living from it. I grew up on bbs and dial up. Ive see it transform to what it is today and its a time suck. I thought 10 yrs ago kids would be smarter and i would have to retool, but i dont have to and thats sad. They have no clue for various reasons. Im hanging my hat on the thoughtless internet. 

• Like 9

Marv

Don't know nuttin bout pokemon but I like what the picture represents.

Marvin

muz123

By me we had a couple of car accidents because of that game! :rolleyes: I like your picture though! 

C-101plowerpower

over here people are walking on the train tracks because of the damn game

TDF5G
On 7/24/2016 at 3:48 AM, C-101plowerpower said:

over here people are walking on the train tracks because of the damn game

I've heard that is illegal, it's private property.  Heard this a while back, I never knew that.  Used to walk the tracks when I was a kid.  My cousins took me rabbit hunting down the tracks once too, never thought anything about it. :huh:

I don't get the pokemon thing either.  My young 'un has been out in the neighborhood catching them also.  I do understand that they are making bookhoos of money on it though, how ever that works.  

• Like 1

WheelHorseNut
On 7/23/2016 at 7:06 PM, Bigfish said:

I dont know about you guys. Im 39 and the internet is baned in my house. They get an internet treat every now and then but unless its school or im alowing it, its not happening. The reason kids are the way they are is the internet. Dont get me wrong I make my living from it. I grew up on bbs and dial up. Ive see it transform to what it is today and its a time suck. I thought 10 yrs ago kids would be smarter and i would have to retool, but i dont have to and thats sad. They have no clue for various reasons. Im hanging my hat on the thoughtless internet. 

Hah! Thanks for bringing me back to my childhood!  I haven't heard the acronym, BBS, used in forever!  I used to run a BBS (color64) on my C-64 with a Ram Expansion Unit (256K -- holy cow!).  I started with a 300 baud modem that I later replaced with a 2400 baud... wow... dating myself... lol  One of the first chat systems I ever used was a 4 line 'd-dial' or diversi-dial system.  That was the hot ticket.... having the modem redialing until you got through.  OK, back to tractors.... lol

Nice picture!

• Like 1

JimD

Well there is one benefit of this game, and that is that its getting people out and about developing new friendships with new people and playing together. Imagine, people actually using and developing social skills again like we did as kids. You parents out there who complain about your kids not going out to play should feel a bit of relief that something drug their butts off the couch and out the door! :lol:

• Like 2

Bigfish
19 hours ago, TDF5G said:

I've heard that is illegal, it's private property.  Heard this a while back, I never knew that.  Used to walk the tracks when I was a kid.  My cousins took me rabbit hunting down the tracks once too, never thought anything about it. :huh:

I don't get the pokemon thing either.  My young 'un has been out in the neighborhood catching them also.  I do understand that they are making bookhoos of money on it though, how ever that works.  

My one experiance with RR tracks was also the one and only time I attempted  to skipped school in high school. We ended up having one of the officers in my town catch the groups of us and had hauled us all back to school in cuffs. He never told our parents or the school. He scared the crap out of us and turned us loose behind the gym. None of us skipped school or got on those tracks again. Lol

• Like 2

tbone9
On July 23, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Bigfish said:

Good for you. I have friends that raise they're kids to not be on the phone or internet steady. Those are the most respectable kids I know. Great personality and get this, they actually talk to you. Instead of staring at the phone that's permanently attached to their hand like some kids. 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Looks like Bigfish and Bob Maynard found a way to outsmart smartphone technology!!! Good going guys :bow-blue:

Edited by Wheel-N-It