mels

48" deck for C-120?

mels

I've searched here, but man these eyes are exhausted and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to source a deck for this old girl now that the engine has been gone over, the idea is to take it down to TN and leave it there to mow around the shop and house with.

Is the #78361 SD deck the right 48" deck for a C-120?  If not, what is the correct number?

Thanks gents :handgestures-thumbupright:

daveoman1966

From the late 60s to the last production year (2015), Wheelhorse / Toro made THOUSANDS of the 48" side disch deck and the model numbers changed thru the years, but very little of the deck hardware changed....side chute, spindle / pulley style (but same sizes), anti-scalp rollers, etc.  Howeever, the deck SHELL has remained essentially identical size in the past 40 years or so and any number of them...including 78361...will hand opn the C-120. C-160, 520-H, as so on.  This is what I really like about Wheelhorse / Toro products....the interchangeability of attachments for 40 +_ years. 

In a word...YES... it'll fit.

• Like 2

mels

Thank-you 'Daveoman, I'll set to work on finding a 78361 then.  In the meantime, considering those changes through the years as you'd alluded to, is there a better 48" option for the C-120 than the 78361 deck?

cleat

I wish that Toro would have made the bare shell more affordable.

I have a lot of Hardware from rusted out decks that a new shell would basically make me a new deck.

• Like 1

mels

The price out there seems pretty steep...  http://www.newhavenpower.com/Toro_Classic_48_Side_Deck.html

I have a sweetheart of a German-mfg'd Walther PPK in its' original box I'll never do anything with and if I can find a new deck at cost through my dealer that Walther will be on the 'block to pay for it.

I know a new or NOS deck may sound like overkill, but once I'm able to break free of and shake off all the nonsense here in CT and finally get down to TN full-time the last thing I want to think about is mowing.  I just want to do it.  :auto-swerve:

fireman

Hey Mel,

I just pulled up my Wheel Horse Interchange file which lists all the tractor with all their accessories. It looks like in 1976 the 48" deck was part number was 65-48MS01.

mels

Thank-you Jeff, having the factory part number should help!