JVDWheelHorse

702 buy

JVDWheelHorse

Some of you may have seen a wheel horse 702 on a popular auction site for $400, if not I'd like you to see if you can find it and tell me if it is worth it or not. I can try to get pictures tomorrow morning if necessary. The good thing is, it is located not to far from me. The bad? It's and auction and the price could skyrocket :bitch: thanks in advance!:wh:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by WheelHorseKid1843
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Looks like a solid machine...provided it was close enough to pick up I would give 400 for that no questions asked...but it really all boils down to what you want and how bad you want it

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

If it runs as good as it looks then I'd say yes no problem on the $400 price. 

You know, for years I've been strictly a 300/400 series guy with the occasional black hood or other C series tractor thrown in the mix but last year I bought a 701. I like it so you can imagine where this is going, right? :lol:

• Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

Worth 400.00 all day long in that condition and running. If your going to bid I wouldn't go over 475.00. Just my .02. 

Just looked it up, it's worth 400.00 for sure. 

• Like 1

JVDWheelHorse

Okay thanks guys! I'll have to see if anyon tries to outbid me on it, id definitely like to get my hands on it! :wh::laughing-rofl: Professor, I sure am interested in the round hoods, and the seller is located about 20 minutes from me so it definitely isn't bad. I agree Wheel N It, something about the round hoods just talk to me :D J.A, I was thinking around the same, I'll talk to my dad about it and maybe I can pick it up :icecream::icecream: also, do you know if the steering wheel is original? What's the plate in the center? And there's an 854 on eBay for $550 or best offer, what do you guys think it's worth? I will post some pictures

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by WheelHorseKid1843

JVDWheelHorse
9 hours ago, J.A. said:

Worth 400.00 all day long in that condition and running. If your going to bid I wouldn't go over 475.00. Just my .02. 

Just looked it up, it's worth 400.00 for sure. 

10 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

If it runs as good as it looks then I'd say yes no problem on the $400 price. 

You know, for years I've been strictly a 300/400 series guy with the occasional black hood or other C series tractor thrown in the mix but last year I bought a 701. I like it so you can imagine where this is going, right? :lol:

11 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

Looks like a solid machine...provided it was close enough to pick up I would give 400 for that no questions asked...but it really all boils down to what you want and how bad you want it

Forhot to to quote you guys

• Like 1

SPINJIM

The plate on the steering wheel is where you mount your smart phone. :ROTF:

Seriously, I would look under the plate to see whether it is to reinforce a broken steering wheel hub.   The steering wheel looks like it's original, but not in great condition.

The 854 is overpriced at $550.   The 8hp engine is easier to find parts for than the 7hp, but the 702 looks to be in great condition.  Is the 854 running?

I'd try to negotiate a price on the 702, especially if it's been for sale for awhile.   It's more collectible, and in much better condition.  Good luck.

Jim

BTW, did you make it to the W H show?   Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person there.

• Like 2

JVDWheelHorse
2 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

The plate on the steering wheel is where you mount your smart phone. :ROTF:

Seriously, I would look under the plate to see whether it is to reinforce a broken steering wheel hub.   The steering wheel looks like it's original, but not in great condition.

The 854 is overpriced at $550.   The 8hp engine is easier to find parts for than the 7hp, but the 702 looks to be in great condition.  Is the 854 running?

I'd try to negotiate a price on the 702, especially if it's been for sale for awhile.   It's more collectible, and in much better condition.  Good luck.

Jim

BTW, did you make it to the W H show?   Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person there.

:D that's what i thought! Lol! Thanks I'll try to contact the guy about it and see what's up with it. I thought it was pretty high at $550 but I wasn't sure, since it says make offer what would you offer him? I'm not sure if it is running it doesn't say. I am, however, more interested in the 702 anyway..I'll try to get in contact with him and see if I can make an offer. I'll use the 854 as a backup :laughing-rofl: and yeah I made it up on Saturday! I passed a lot of people's stands but everyone was talking to you guys about your horses I didn't get a chance :laughing-rofl: oh well, there's always next year, and maybe then I'll have a horse of my own to show

AlwaysLookin80

That 854 is 350 at the most to me 

SPINJIM

I agree with J.A.    All depends on mechanical condition.   Any where from $200 to $350 max.

Jim

RedRanger
12 hours ago, WheelHorseKid1843 said:

Some of you may have seen a wheel horse 702 on a popular auction site for $400, if not I'd like you to see if you can find it and tell me if it is worth it or not. I can try to get pictures tomorrow morning if necessary. The good thing is, it is located not to far from me. The bad? It's and auction and the price could skyrocket :bitch: thanks in advance!:wh:

image.png

image.png

Anybody notice that seat spring?  I've never seen one like that.  Square bends?  Looks like the seat sits higher than stock too, which ain't a bad thing.

I think I'll go bid $476.  :ychain:  I'd say $400 is a good deal if the engine is sound.

• Like 1

JVDWheelHorse
18 minutes ago, SPINJIM said:

I agree with J.A.    All depends on mechanical condition.   Any where from $200 to $350 max.

Jim

24 minutes ago, J.A. said:

That 854 is 350 at the most to me 

Yeah i was kind of thinking in between $2-300, definitely not $500

3 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Anybody notice that seat spring?  I've never seen one like that.  Square bends?  Looks like the seat sits higher than stock too, which ain't a bad thing.

I think I'll go bid $476.  :ychain:  I'd say $400 is a good deal if the engine is sound.

I didnt notice that, interesting to say the least. And be my guest! If the bidding gets high i wont be able to afford it anyways :laughing-rofl:

Jim Turner

Will the 8hp k181s swap right into the 702?

rjg854

I would say yes!  Others will be along, with better ideas, but I would think a pretty straight forward swap.