Mike'sHorseBarn

BIG SHOW PURCHASE: 753 w/hydraulics

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Since the HY- 2 (or 3) would have been installed by the dealer it was probably what was on the shelf from the previous year. Regardless, it is very complete and a real find.

• Like 7

Mike'sHorseBarn
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:   Since the HY- 2 (or 3) would have been installed by the dealer it was probably what was on the shelf from the previous year. Regardless, it is very complete and a real find.

That's what I am thinking too. The dealer put on what he had available to him. I think I am going to leave it just the way it is regardless of whether it is "correct" or not  :) 

• Like 6

stevasaurus

Thumb screws for that horse to secure the hood.  Here is a thread on that and where to get them.  And Gene was at the show and had some with him this past weekend.  :)  Nice horse Mike.

• Like 4

Mike'sHorseBarn
20 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Thumb screws for that horse to secure the hood.  Here is a thread on that and where to get them.  And Gene was at the show and had some with him this past weekend.  :)  Nice horse Mike.

Ya know, I had that thought while I was down there too.....the left side of the fuel tank where the thumbscrew would go is broken anyway and will need fixed. I got many suggestions at the show so I think I know how I will tackle that, then I will get some thumbscrews.

Thanks Steve! 

14 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I've tried thumbscrews from there on my 953 and they just don't look right compared to the ones Gene makes.

• Like 1

RedRanger

Ebay also has thumb screws.  Search for Harley Davidson Thumb Screws.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I used one of those hallo coils to fix my 702.  Fastenal has them in different lengths also.  Used a longer one for the thumb screw on the front.  :)

• Like 4

Mike'sHorseBarn
49 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I used one of those hallo coils to fix my 702.  Fastenal has them in different lengths also.  Used a longer one for the thumb screw on the front.  :)

Didn't think of a helicoil that's a good idea!

• Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

Very nice tractor 

• Like 1

dells68

I bought a blade for my GT 14 from the same young man - Redhorse54.  I was very pleased with my blade and found him to be a super nice young man!!

• Like 1

RedHorse54
On 6/28/2016 at 1:09 AM, dells68 said:

I bought a blade for my GT 14 from the same young man - Redhorse54.  I was very pleased with my blade and found him to be a super nice young man!!

Thank you Dell! And I'm happy that you were pleased with the blade!

• Like 2

dells68

Already put it to use leveling the ground in my new horse shed to get it ready for gravel.  Great blade!  Hope to see you and your dad again next year.

• Like 2

RedHorse54
45 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Already put it to use leveling the ground in my new horse shed to get it ready for gravel.  Great blade!  Hope to see you and your dad again next year.

Awesome! I'm glad that's it's working for you. And you'll for sure see us next year, we hope to see you guys there too! 

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

Replaced the points, condenser, and spark plug on the 753 last night and it ran much smoother. I'm gonna put new battery cables on it tonight and rewire it to make it look a little better. Engine smokes pretty good on start up so I think an overhaul is in the future for this one. 

Mike'sHorseBarn

Cleaned the carb and put a rebuild kit in it. Mowed some grass and purred like a kitten!

RedHorse54

Awesome! I'm glad it works good for you mike:)

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

Anyone know a proper on/off key switch for this unit. I was looking at switches from cole hersee but I didn't find any that really looked correct.

RedRanger
7 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Anyone know a proper on/off key switch for this unit. I was looking at switches from cole hersee but I didn't find any that really looked correct.

95597 2 screw Hencol L O G 5/8"-32

Page 35

http://www.carquestprofessionals.com/catalogs/fleet_hd/COLE_HERSEE_CATALOG.PDF

http://www.partdeal.com/cole-hersee-sw-ign-2pos-95597-bx.html