wheelh312-8

wh857 k181 replacement carb fuel fitting size?

wheelh312-8

Hi, I am working on a friend's wh857 k181s 8hp for him. He ordered a carburetor from ebay from Russo power carb is identical except the fuel fitting thread's. I have taken this carb everywhere I can think of and no one can match the thread's. I have called russo power they cant even tell me the size, and they do not sell the fuel fitting's. lol. I'm hoping someone here has purchased one and can help me out if you know where I can find on online, or locally it would be a great help. located near leesport pa. Thank's for any help Steve.

20160624_081838.jpg

Achto

Tough question :confusion-scratchheadblue:. If it's a metric tread you would think a auto parts store would have something that fits. I would think that it should be some type of pipe thread. Could you run an 1/8 pipe tap into it to change the treads, or will that just end up wrecking things? Check the tread count in the hole, if it is the same count as 1/8" pipe thread may be the hole did not get the correct taper. If this is the case then run an 1/8 pipe tap in to widen the start of the hole. Please let us know what you find.

wheelh312-8

Ok, just wanted to update the carb is installed and ready to after 2 weeks of searching I just ended up taping the carb with the 1/8 npt. Then I had to clean the carb to make sure there was no shavings in it. The engine has been resealed, new fuel pump, new carb, and new spark plug. should be ready to fire up soon still have to go over the point's, and put oil in. Thank's achto for swaying me into that direction, just fed up with looking. but it should work fine.

Here  are some pic's.

20160624_165400.jpg

20160624_170908.jpg

clueless

Saw this right after I ordered the same carb from Russos. Got it in the other day and same problem. Took it to the hardware store, we still have a locally owned store that's been around since '48, I think some of the guys that work there have been there since it opened:). After about 20mi of trying to figure out the thread size, came up with 3/16 inverted, hydraulic lines and tube compression fitting like brake lines. Took it home and tapped it with 1/8 tap, works fine. So if guys buy one of these from Russo on E-bay and you don't want to try and hard plum the gas line, your going to have to "tap that thing":rolleyes:.