kasey54

This chased me home, should I have drove faster?

953 nut

Perhaps a 702.

gallery_6529_307_1472571.jpg

Yours looks too fast for you to outrun it.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 5

kasey54

Your right, I didn't outrun it, LOL. I wondered about a 702, but dismissed the thought based on the way the lift handle mounts, thinking it should be like a 701. But as they say , if I knew, I wouldn't be asking!

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Looks cool. Whatever it is. Call it a mutt. Nice find.

Glenn

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I would've slowed down too.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Shynon
41 minutes ago, kasey54 said:

dismissed the thought based on the way the lift handle mounts

I have a 702 with the same style of lift handle as a 701, brake pedal should be a flag style, somewhat a frankenhorse.

ClassicTractorProfessor

I'm no expert but the dash panel and footrests point to a 702 as well the 701 panel and rests look like this...also the 701 lacks a guard around the brake band

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

Definitely a 701. The dash, it looks like a double starter belt guard and numerous other clues mentioned. :)

Some things added or changed which was very common.

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
3 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Definitely a 701. The dash, double starter belt guard and numerous other clues mentioned. :)

Some things added or changed which was very common.

I hadn't noticed his double belt guard until now...and upon closer inspection his lacks the guard around the brake band as well...good eye :) 

Shynon
7 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Definitely a 701. The dash, double starter belt guard and numerous other clues mentioned. :)

Looks like a single belt guard, footrests are incorrect, has parts for HY pump minus the pump and rockshaft and cylinder. Dash is cast on 702, plastic on 701. Front axle is incorrect for a 702, could be an 854 with a 702 gas tank :confusion-shrug:

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 1

kasey54

The handle pictured on the seat is supposedly original. It has a bracket that bolts to the frame. There are two holes in the frame for it.

It lacks the bracket for the rock shaft on the drive belt side, and is very unlike my 701. I have been staring for 3 days.. I have faith some one can unravel this It is definitely a single belt generator guard , but I don't know it the engine is original.

Racinbob

You're right, I was confusing Bryce's pictures. That front axle is definitely later. It's hard to be certain on the belt guard but I can see it being a single. No doubt a mixture of years.:)

• Like 1

ACman

:confusion-confused: 753 ? No five bolt rear hubs . Cool whatever it is !

Edited by ACman

Shynon

Here's a picture of my 702 notice the hole for the lift arm (with a bolt in it). Kasey the lift arm you have will not work, the hood stand will need to look like this one. Best pictures I have at this time, see the cutaway on the hood stand

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_5750.JPG

• Like 2

squonk

I believe I have that hood stand if needed. 

953 nut
1 hour ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Call it a mutt.

Glenn nailed it!  :ychain:    I cringe every time I chime in on one of these "What is it" posts. A half century of previous owner's little tweaks has taken place, but ALL of us are sure we know.   :hide:  Dare we ask if there is an ID Tag on it? 

• Like 5

kasey54

If there is an ID tag I haven't found it. I have looked. If you look at the pict. of the side showing the battery,to the right is a slanted bracket to the frame , then two holes thru the frame. The pict. of the lift handle is poor but look close you will see two taped holes facing up wards. That piece is the bearing for the lift handle and rotates freely on the rock shaft . All other parts are welded fast. That bracket once turned over bolts to the frame , Frankenstined or not I don't know.

• Like 1

Shynon
7 minutes ago, kasey54 said:

If there is an ID tag I haven't found it

Remove the HY pump bracket it may be under it.

7 minutes ago, kasey54 said:

slanted bracket to the frame

Hood stand support

8 minutes ago, kasey54 said:

That piece is the bearing for the lift handle and rotates freely on the rock shaft

will need to be put into the cut out on the hoodstand. See the two bolt holes in the face side of the cut out?

IMG_5750.JPG

kasey54

I'm gonna have to go look at it closer. It's 20 miles away, maybe tomorrow night after work. Anyone need some more, or better pics to help I D this mutt?

RedRanger

I'm going with 854 with the wrong gas tank, seat, and steering wheel.

• Like 1

buckrancher

854 with a 702 tank and dash

• Like 2

953 nut

If there is an ID tag it would be on the riser right under the dash panel, probably long gone. One thing I am sure of, it isn't a 953!  :ychain:

RedRanger

Didn't the 854 have the two piece tanks?  Maybe it was leaking so they popped a one piece on there from a 702?

Seat wore out and got replaced.

The steering wheel???  No idea.

Didn't the 854 have a longer hood to fit the K181 correctly as well?  The length of the hood might confirm the 854 theory.

Tankman

Did the Ms. believe the Horse chased you home?  :ROTF:

• Like 3

kasey54

Now that I think back Tankman these was a look on her face I could associate with disbelief!

• Like 2