Ckee

Modify a montgomery ward tiller for d250

Ckee

hello my name is Claude and I have a 1976 d250 I got for 200 bucks with dozer blade and deck it runs great just after getting it I found a new old stock tiller for the rear of a montgomery ward tractor and picked it up for 75 bucks I intend to take the gear box from my mower deck and mount it sideways so I can run the tiller off of my rear pto shaft everything spears to fall right into place and all measurements look good does anyone know of a reason this may not work

312Hydro

I would guess that you just want make sure that the tiller rpms are what you need. Which can be adjusted thru gearing. I'd like to see some pics as you go,sounds like a nice project. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

Ckee

Thanks 312 hydro that's  just what I wanted to here I will take some pictures tonight and put them up I am using the original pulley on the tiller and the original on the gear box for a first test run and figure I will change the ratio if needed

Ckee

So far I have flipped the original gearbox mounting plate so to give me the larger part where I wish to mount it to the tiller 

20160429_220131.jpg

Ckee

Wouldn't let me upload more pics but gear box is mounted just got to make a trip to Napa in the morning for a belt