Here Goes the 1056

19richie66

Nice start. love the hood ground, lol.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Gotta love them bug-eye head lights...!!!:-o

• Like 2

Retired Sparky

You picked a nice tractor.  Looks good despite it's age. It could have been left outside for 50 yrs.  Then what would have. Good luck and have fun.

Edited by Retired Sparky

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:           Take a look at the data plate on the riser under the dash, to me it looks more like a 1057 than a 1056, could be wrong. Regardless, you have a great :wh: project.           :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Achto

Nice tractor, hope you have fun with the restoration. Please keep us posted with progression pics.

AMC RULES

Guy had a pretty cool old :wh: ...    :dunno:

for someone who's daddy didn't teach him right. 

• Like 3

RedRanger

I like it.  Will make a great resto project.  :wh:

• Like 1

squonk

Nice Disc! :banana-blonde:

• Like 5

Wheelin'theSky

I think it looks kind of cool the way it is, but I'd put a pillow or something on the seat before I tried to sit on it...looks painful unless you have REALLY thick pants :(

Seriously, I think it looks pretty solid so it should make a fun restoration. Best of luck with it.

Texas Todd
21 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:           Take a look at the data plate on the riser under the dash, to me it looks more like a 1057 than a 1056, could be wrong. Regardless, you have a great :wh: project.           :handgestures-thumbupright:

Here is a rough pic of the plate.  Tried to look up the shop manual and Toro says its an invalid Serial #. Go Figure

1056 serial plate.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

1056 all right, my old eyes must be playing tricks on me.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Texas Todd

The seat pan itself was completely destroyed. It was mounted through some kind of burlap which held moisture.  I have ordered the V-3500 from Northern. Can someone tell me if the seat just bolts directly to the frame pan or if there is something supposed to be between the seat and pan.  The burlap was a poor choice, obviously, but just wondering what if anything should be between the seat and frame pan.  This tractor has the pan that raises up. Thanks!

WHX??

Should just mount to the pan like my '67

Texas Todd
1 minute ago, WHX7 said:

Should just mount to the pan like my '67

Okay, thanks much

WHX??

You bet.. looks like your making progress, keep the pics coming, you might inspire me to tie into my resto someday!

Texas Todd

Does anyone have a good picture of how the mule drive for the mower is setup. As you can see from the picture above, this one was tied on with bailing wire, as was the belt cover. If someone also has a good picture of how the belt cover and mule drive are supposed to attach, it would be a huge help.  Yesterday and today have been the most fun.....putting it back together after paint. Man it sure hurts when you gouge and scratch the pain, but I guess it inevitable.

Pics coming tonight. I should have a roller by then....

Texas Todd

Some pics from last month and some from today. Its coming along nicely, I think.

A couple of questions:

1. Is there some type of bracket that hold the cable going back to the hitch lift? I can't seem to find anything that holds the outside of the cable steady while the cable inside moves back and forth. Seems there should be some kind of clip down around the gearshift boot area.

IMG_4753_web.jpg

IMG_4708_web.jpg

2. Is the bolt that holds on the pulley in the picture anything special? I can't seem to locate a bolt to fit there

.IMG_4735_Web.jpg

Seat is on order. Should start on engine next week.

Not sure about the headlights. Just have them mocked up now. Not sure if I am going to go with them or not.  Chime in with your thoughts.

20160728_183714_web.jpg

20160728_183729_web.jpg

20160728_184153_resized.jpg

20160728_183657_resized.jpg

• Like 7

oliver2-44

Looking Great! 

I like the "bug eye" red and white headlights!

Good to see another "Texas" WH fan

Bring your 1056 to the Temple Tx Tractor Show in October, need more WH's there!  

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Didnt know about it. Send me the details. I'm down that way pretty often.

19richie66

Very nice looking. It takes time but as you can see in the pics, it's worth it.

rjg854

Looking great, you're doing a swell job on that tractor.  I like the looks of those headlights.  They sure seem like they be able to give out some good light, when you need it.

Aldon

I don't know much about the 1056's or that genre but I do know that with the paint done, I like the headlights a lot.

Nice job so far. 

Anspaughfarms

New to the group here. Just got my hands on a 1966 1056 my self. Going through everything your doing now my self. Watching you closely lol. 

• Like 1