briankd

what would a 1966 856 be worth

briankd

have an 1966 856 my grandma bought new with 32" RD deck  that is still with her estate she passed 10 yr ago. this tractor hasn't ran in 25 + yrs !  and is in fair to bad shape no paint left  pretty much all rust .been sitting in barn all these years. hoping to get this tractor and restore it .like to get it cheap enough will take a lot to get it back to new condition. what would this be worth ? will need engine gone thru trans etc.

ericj

i'd only give $ 50.00 to a max of $ 100.00 for one in that shape, but that just maybe me.

eric j

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

:text-goodpost:

wouldn't go thinking it'll be worth more than 200, but then again it's worth what you and the seller agree on

Ed Kennell

If it were my Grandmothers, and it was being sold at an estate auction, I would pay whatever is necessary to keep it in the family.

I would also be surprised if you have to pay more than $100 to get it.

• Like 4

RedRanger

In the condition you stated, I would not give more than $50.

The only thing collectible about that tractor is that it was your grandmothers.  If that means something to you, then you have to decide what it is worth to you.

• Like 3

rmaynard

I paid $75 for one with stripped spark plug hole and missing woodfuff key on the transmission input shaft. It came with a deck and a snowplow. I let it go in a package deal with a restored B-100 and I regret it to this day. The 856 was a nice little tractor. 

If I were you, I would try to keep it in the family, but spending more than $100 on it may be going a bit far just for sentimental value.

• Like 1

Flatheadpete

I have one that my grandpa bought new in Aug 1966.  Came with a deck and a blade with a set of chains.  I check the gas and fill the oil before every use.  It would take a lot to get mine away from me.  I think the old man may have brush painted it at one time but it's in really nice shape.

134.JPG

Edited by Flatheadpete
  • Like 7

briankd

I had this tractor as mine but my uncle the half owner of estate and my brother the other owner. my brother said to take it but my uncle being an a$$ we don't get along won't let me have it now. we kinda waiting for him to kick off then I would have nothing in it. this tractor means a lot to me cause this the first thing I ever drove at age 5  it has mowed 4 acre of grass everytime we mowed with it . mowed my dads place also my grandmas. k181 been rebuilt at least twice that I can remember it may need new one as it may be bored out to the max limits. this thing ran  great last time it ran far as I can remember been hell of a long time ago. thanks everyone for the advice I didn't think it would be worth a lot. I think my uncle thinks it is worth a lot why he trine to hold onto it. 

• Like 2

RedRanger
15 hours ago, briankd said:

I had this tractor as mine but my uncle the half owner of estate and my brother the other owner. my brother said to take it but my uncle being an a$$ we don't get along won't let me have it now. we kinda waiting for him to kick off then I would have nothing in it. this tractor means a lot to me cause this the first thing I ever drove at age 5  it has mowed 4 acre of grass everytime we mowed with it . mowed my dads place also my grandmas. k181 been rebuilt at least twice that I can remember it may need new one as it may be bored out to the max limits. this thing ran  great last time it ran far as I can remember been hell of a long time ago. thanks everyone for the advice I didn't think it would be worth a lot. I think my uncle thinks it is worth a lot why he trine to hold onto it. 

Sorry to hear about your jerk uncle.  Wish I could have had the chance to have my grandfather's Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

Regal_Red

I would do whatever it takes to get the tractor.  It clearly means a lot to you.  I have my grandfather's tractor and someone would have to remove me in a body bag to get it away from me.  It's no longer just a tractor at this point.  Keep us posted on how you make out.  I would like to know.   Here is my grandfather's 1961 - 701.  My husband got it running again and some new paint as a gift for me this Christmas.  :-)  I know it has a 702 on it, but the guys here on Red Square helped us out with this.  Great group of people on here!!

Wheel Horse 701.JPG

Edited by Regal_Red
added to it
  • Like 5

RedRanger

The family drama makes me sick.  Not like we're talking about thousands of dollars here!  Some people just have no mentality for doing the right thing.  Take my Ex ....Please!

953 nut

It is a shame that your uncle hasn't seen fit to settle the estate in ten years, hope it works out for you.  :twocents-02cents:  I am with the $ 100 group.

WHX??

Really what a jerk ...I mean not letting you have HIS mother's tractor  so you can restore it? Doesn't sound like he gonna do it . Doesn't he realize it's junk to most others and going to take alot of coin to restore it? I would think the sob would take yer $100, not even split it with yer brother and run. Hope it works out & yeah...let us know.

• Like 1

can whlvr

im with regal,id do what ever it takes if were my grandma,s I wish I had her 73 no name now,the tractor that got me into horses in 1973

• Like 2

briankd

yep it a sad situation. my brother the half owner told me last week that I should just go get it when the dick hole wasn't around but I don't need that much aggravation. hell he probably call the sheriff :lol:.I will have this tractor sooner or latter even if I gotta wait for him to kick off he is late 70's.oh btw my brother don't get along with him either. the estate  80 acre farm not going anywhere my brother will own it all after my uncle is gone.

• Like 1