can whlvr

rear weights and weight rack

can whlvr

kinda bored this evening and finally figured out how to get pics from my android phone so I thought id post a pic or 2 of thee weight rack I made,it slides into my homemade 2 inch receiver,these are weight machine plates from a closed down gym that we worked on,i wish I could have got more but I didn't want to be too greedy,i have about 10 more than in the pic,i like it because I can easily add or remove the whole unit in seconds

20141226_154518.jpg

20141226_154531.jpg

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thats a great idea with those weight plates. Ingenious.........

Glenn

Dirtdog524

That is the easy way to add weight to your tractor. I like how it fits in the wheel also

can whlvr

the weight in the wheel is a real wheel weight,,not sure of the make though

• Like 1

russellmc301

nice weights it should help, i add a rail road track to the back and it makes a big difference.

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

When I bought my WH,(1986) the dealer installed tubes in the rear tires.  He took them to a commercial tire installer and had them filled with liquid calcium. So I've never have to mess with wheel weights and I have extra weight for traction all year long.  That's how he roll here in the Pine Tree State.B)

DSC04792.JPG

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

That's a sweet looking cap for your wheel weights.B)

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

Thank you sir...the good industrial grade aluminum...couple hrs in the lathe ,cad/mill write program ,then CNC milling machine then home and quick slap of the rubber hammer and there you have it...figured all the :wh: guys would like them,Jeff.   Plus it does help keep the grass clippings ect out of the wheels.

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

Tradesmen always have access to good stuff.B)

• Like 2

Tankman

Years ago we were all manual, then NC (numerical control) followed by CNC (computer numerical control). Great stuff!

I was the prototype foreman, permitted to make anything I wanted too. My house awnings were 20 ga 316 SS under the paint.

Chemical industry we used a lot of titanium, hastelloy and (for home ;)) lots of 316 stainless steel. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Rebuilt an old Horse, piece by piece like Johnny Cash, all 316 SS before paint.

Love your front weight hanger! Giving me ideas (projects) for springtime and grandsons.

My local Horse dealer couldn't make a magnet stick to my old Horse. "What is this?" He didn't have a clue but really liked it!

Mower decks never rusted. Duh.

Those days now gone, use almost all SS hardware and not stingy with the Never-Seez. 

Never-Seez.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

Yes sir we still have a lot of old manual equipment in the shop lathes mills and surface grinders,when I started in the machine shop they showed me the CNC mills first then the older stuff,I didn't even go to school for machinist, actually auto mechanics,so I don't get paid the big $ but I have the knowledge/skills,if only I had a lathe and mill and 480 volt mig welder at home,can't do the big stuff at work :wacko:and only use the scrap materials...oh well can't have it all,Jeff.

WVHillbilly520H

Yes sir we still have a lot of old manual equipment in the shop lathes mills and surface grinders,when I started in the machine shop they showed me the CNC mills first then the older stuff,I didn't even go to school for machinist, actually auto mechanics,so I don't get paid the big $ but I have the knowledge/skills,if only I had a lathe and mill and 480 volt mig welder at home,can't do the big stuff at work :wacko:and only use the scrap materials...oh well can't have it all,Jeff.          BTW the front and rear weight bracket/ hanger is the same piece I just modified it to work on the back in December after getting the 2 stage blower and it (the red piece the weights are hanging from) was something my dad had laying around and I made it work for the front just make sure it's low enough you can open the hood (which the 2 stage makes for a pain) and the actual weights are "JD" 43 lb cast iron. Maybe come spring I'll redo both but with 2 additions coming another 520H and the non running 523Dxi...maybe not lol.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
add text
  • Like 2

Tankman

Love your Canadian home made grader blade! How the teeth hold up?

Been thinkin' of U-bolts and rod. :rolleyes:

FYI. I blame all my failures on Canada. Without Canadian whisky I would be 100% (perhaps or maybe not). :ph34r:

• Like 1

can whlvr

the teeth have held uo just fine,i bought hardened 1 inch square stock so it will take along time to wear,then just flip it over and its new again,it unbolts to use the blade without the scarifier,ya gotta stay away from the Canadian whiskey

DSC00073.jpg

Phatboy

Sorry im not very savey at this sort of thing, i cant figure out how to make a new wanted post for a used clevis hitch if any one has a spare they arnt using that i could buy for a fair price,, so this was the closest forum i could find to post with out hi-jacking someones post , forgive me plz if this is doing that,, 

Cole J.
On Saturday, January 02, 2016 at 9:23 PM, can whlvr said:

kinda bored this evening and finally figured out how to get pics from my android phone so I thought id post a pic or 2 of thee weight rack I made,it slides into my homemade 2 inch receiver,these are weight machine plates from a closed down gym that we worked on,i wish I could have got more but I didn't want to be too greedy,i have about 10 more than in the pic,i like it because I can easily add or remove the whole unit in seconds

20141226_154518.jpg

20141226_154531.jpg

About how much do these weight 

can whlvr

sorry to be so late on response,the wheel weights are 50 lbs apiece(not home made)and the rear weight is 130 plus about 20 for the hitch setup to attach it,i can remove or add(up to 130)as I need or take it off completely,thats why im such a believer in the 2inch receiver hitches on the rear of the tractors almost all my girls have them now,just a few to go,and I put the rear attachmatic hitch used for the dozer plow,tiller and some graders on as part of the hitch