scotty

Multi ribbed tire

scotty

Has anyone had any experience with a tire like this in the snow and mud for gardening? Ive ordered a set and curious if anyone has had any experience with these tires.

g155288.jpg

RedRanger

Good flotation, but they will slide all over.  Tractor will want to "push" forward.

Sparky

I hope they work out for ya ....but if I was going to be working in the snow/mud and a garden like you say I would have went with something more aggressive. You may have to add front wheel weights to aid with traction/grip.

I like these offered at only $21 each for a 16/6.5/8.

https://www.stopandgotires.com/tire/lawn-garden/lawn-garden?sku=94012336&name=BKT%20LG306

5681543b10568_Stopgotires.jpg.b047b9d18a

Mike.........

• Like 3

scotty

I was thinking the same thing with the sliding issue. I paid about 50 dollars shipped for a set. Ill hope for the best its going on a 416-8 with an onan so im hoping theres enough weight up there.

wallfish

Wrap some #40 roller chain around them

• Like 4

shallowwatersailor

Vredestein V-61 is pretty popular. I just ordered my second set.

• Like 1

can whlvr

the 308 I purchased new in 86 had tires similar to those,they were very slippery,i had to wrap roller chain on them to cut the lawn if it was wet,aand for sure in the winter

079.jpg

Edited by can whlvr
  • Like 1

DennisThornton
7 hours ago, Sparky said:

I hope they work out for ya ....but if I was going to be working in the snow/mud and a garden like you say I would have went with something more aggressive. You may have to add front wheel weights to aid with traction/grip.

I like these offered at only $21 each for a 16/6.5/8.

https://www.stopandgotires.com/tire/lawn-garden/lawn-garden?sku=94012336&name=BKT%20LG306

Mike.........

Man that's a good price!  I just paid more than double that for my 16/7.5/8.  Got to make a note of that URL!

MalMac

I have the same tire on my 4 wheel wagon. Great for that but when backing up and turning the front end just wants to slide.

953 nut
6 hours ago, wallfish said:

Wrap some #40 roller chain around them

Deflate the tire first and this will tighten the chain when inflated.

scotty

Might see how they work. Anyone know how the 4.00-8 tri ribs would look on a 416-8? probably a little to narrow to look right id assume. Or i could try the roller chain that should work really good on these tires. They look kind of similar to vredsteins.

Edited by scotty

Martin

My vote is for the Vredestein V61 on the 3,4,500 series tractors, just my opinion but i think they fit better than the 4.00-8 tri ribs and work well in the snow too.........

IMG_4239.JPG

Edited by Martin
  • Like 5

DennisThornton

Oh!  Meant to add:

You are not going to like them as is in the mud and snow...    I mean Not at all!

I run R4 industrials on my TC35 but come winter I'm lost without my chains though I can't wait to get the darn things off come springtime!  At least chains can come and go and adapt to the seasonal needs.  Chains (or that roller chain down the middle that I've read so much about but not tried yet!) might get you close to the best of both worlds...  There are times when I want front chains too, not so much for pulling, but just for steering traction.  I usually have all the push I need from the rears but I can steer sometimes!  Maybe I should try that roller chain on my 10x16.5 16 R4s...  Might look funny but seriously, maybe that's all I need...

• Like 1

scotty

I had them cancel the order now to find a better set of tires for what im planning on using it for.

Edited by scotty