tractorhogg

D160 repower

tractorhogg

I bought this D160 onan tractor for 500, it looked pretty bad, but after washing it it was way better than expected. It had a good Onan 16hp twin, rear PTO and wheel weights. I sold the engine for 350 (I only do single cylinder cast iron engines), the electric PTO clutch for 100, the mufflers for 45, and the front wheel weights for 115, so after gas money I have 40 dollars in the tractor, which is in really nice shape. The Kohler powered single cylinder D160 I bought earlier in the year needs some work on the rear axle bushing that requires splitting the case, so I decided to pull the engine off it and move it to the previously onan powered tractor. I finally got the engine swap finished and fired up the motor, it runs great, thanks Frank (bowtieguy), i am going with cast iron 4 bolt trailer hubs on the front and 4.00-10 tri-ribs and 4 hole steel rims, with 30x10-12 Interco Interforce tires on the wide rear wheel horse rims. I'll eventually fix the donor tractor, but I have evil plans for it, lol

20151222_152541.jpg

20151222_152544.jpg

20151222_161204.jpg

20151222_161210.jpg

20151222_161215.jpg

4-10.jpg

30x12.jpg

• Like 6

brandonozz

I'm anxious to see what it looks like when you get it all together.  Keep us posted.

tractorhogg

Thanks Brandon. Its going to be February before I can get the wheels/tires/hubs, those three are nearly 500 bucks, in the mean time I will tiding up the wiring, install new fuel line, and do some painting. BTW, the 10" inch wheel/tire combo would really help your D200 steering with the loader, but I would opt for the 5.70-10 tire on the same 10" inch rim, instead of the tri-rib, they are a little wider and have a meatier sidewall.

Edited by tractorhogg