seven

wheel horse 877questions

seven

my friend just bought  one for  400 hundred it is leaking oil it runs good it is a k181 witch is  only 8 hp I think, it has a push blade is there enough power for it? it is a 67 I think ? the guy he bought it from says its a 77?  im good at rebuilding engines and working on horses I have 3 of em but this is the oldest yet . it has the old style starter / gen combo do these go bad a lot ? thx seven

• Like 1

slammer302

It should have plenty power for pushing snow and the S/G seems to work very well i have not did much to mine.

wallfish

You are correct about being an 8hp and it is a 1967. It should have no problem pushing snow or dirt

RedRanger

8=8HP

7=Hydro trans

7=1967 model

You can buy an engine gasket kit cheap.  Usually the oil pan gasket is the first one to go.

Edited by RedRanger

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:     877 = 8(8HP) 7(Hydro) 7(1967)   I have an 875 that I bought last year with a broken connecting rod.  I cleaned the crankshaft journal,

replaced the rod and it runs great.   Very easy to work on and plenty of power to run the deck or push snow.

• Like 1

Shynon

Seen that one, I believe it has a 54" push blade from a 953/1054/GT 14 on it. Buy a gasket kit and replace all them. Be careful when you pull the block from the oil pan so you don't break the dipper on the connecting rod.

• Like 3

prondzy

Not much tends to go wrong with the start/Gen if there is a charging issue its usually in the voltage regulator. I would recommend rebuilding the start/Gen so you know you have good brushes and bearings (pretty simple) pm me if you need a link to find these parts.

• Like 1

857 horse

I have an 857,,,,same 8HP engine............23x10.50x12 tires,,,,weights,,,,,chains.....42 inch plow......

NOTHING stops it......,,you will have fun.......

• Like 1

TDF5G
14 hours ago, 857 horse said:

I have an 857,,,,same 8HP engine............23x10.50x12 tires,,,,weights,,,,,chains.....42 inch plow......

NOTHING stops it......,,you will have fun.......

I'll second that!  

• Like 1

ronhatch

My 857 can really push the snow even in high gear with just a 110 lbs of weight on the hitch. I just installed tire cables last week because ice can be a problem on my blacktop drive. I'm sure they will do the trick.post-9096-0-80006600-1382283532.jpg

• Like 3

857 horse

Ron,,,,,,,,that is one very nice looking machine......We have a question.......What can you tell us about hose rear fenders......????   NICE !!!!

• Like 2